Piers - Trustfall

Piers x Female Reader

TW: Mentions abuse and adultery

It does get a little spicy!

Song: Trustfall - Drove Remix by P!nk, Drove

Do you trust me?

Yes.

Trust is such a fragile thing i.n any relationship. Once broken, it's hard to get it back. And sometimes, when the person you care about most in the world breaks that trust again, and again, and again, and again... you have to just step away.

You threw yourself full force into your work. The three Rotom you had were occupying different ovens, helping with your baked goods. You owned the Rotom Bakery in Turffield. Of course, you were known for using Rotom ovens to bake. Most people would think the pokémon would burn the goods, but you cared for these pokémon so much. And they trusted you. So they took great care of the various cookies, cakes, and tarts you would place in their ovens.

Baking is what keeps you sane. You don't know where you'd be without it. It was easy to forget about your troubling life when you had bread dough that needed kneading or croissants that needed every ounce of your attention to get right.

"Hey [Name]! Can I get some of your shortbread?" One of your regulars asked as they entered your shop. You turned from where your Rotoms were and smiled, "Sure Grey! Treat for Cecilia?" You asked as you pulled out a decorative box for his cookies.

You kept the Rotom ovens out front to draw attraction to your shop, and they loved the attention.

Grey blushed, "Just a little surprise for her." You handed him the box and took his payment. "Are you...are you ok?" He asked. Your blood ran cold, and you adjusted the long sleeves on your body.

"Fine.." You answered, not meeting his gaze, instead focusing on your Rotom. "[Name] it's 80 degrees out, you work at ovens all day, but you're wearing long sleeved....he's still doing it?" Grey asked, voice low even though you were the only two in the shop, which was already making you nervous. Your eyes darted to the window, but nobody was passing by. And for once, you were happy about it.

"Please Grey...just take the cookies and leave...it's just you, and he'll get angry..." You muttered, keeping all your attention off of him. "Ok... just know we have a guest room if you need it..." He replied. It wasn't until you heard the bell chimed over the door that you turned around. The bakery was empty again, and the sun was just about down.

It was about closing time, but you looked for just about an excuse to stay later. Anything that would keep you from going home to him.

The bell over your door chimed again, and you let out a sigh of relief. "Welcome!" You said cheerily. "Hey [Name]!" That was the voice of Milo, your city's gym leader. When you looked over at him, he had Nessa bus side as well, and another man.

The man looked a little older than you with long black and white hair pulled up into a ponytail. But when his tired looking blue eyes met yours, everything seemed to slow down. The rest of your vision became fuzzy and unfocused, except for him. He was clear and sharply focused.

"H-hi..." Your voice came out quiet, but the man heard. "Hey.." He mumbled, his eyes stayed fixated on you. "Oh, you guys haven't met yet, right?" Nessa asked, smiling. You shook your head. "[Name], this is Piers, former gym leader of Spikemuth. Piers, this is [Name] she owns this bakery." Nessa introduced you both as all three walked up to the counter.

Piers held his hand out, and you shook it. His hand was warm, and you could catch the faint smell of leather wafting from him. "Nice to meet you, Piers.." You smiled, but then your eyes drifted to the storefront, and you quickly retracted your hand.