Marnie - Blind Date

Requested by Just-Yeah-Guy

Marnie x Male Reader

[Name] fidgeted in his seat nervously, pulling out his phone every few seconds. Checking the time, checking his messages, whatever kept his mind and hands busy. He tightened the grip on his phone, worried that it would slip out of his hands after seeing how sweaty they were getting.

His phone chimed, and he quickly unlocked it to see a message from his older sister, Nessa.

Nessa: I can feel your nervousness from here. Don't worry you'll love her!

[Name]: What if she doesn't even show up Ness? What if she sees me then bolts!?

Nessa: Trust me she'll be there and she won't run

Nessa: Which reminds me, got Staryu out? Y'know so she can find you??

[Name] almost dropped his phone in his urgency to get his pokéball out and release his partner pokémon, Staryu. Nessa said this was how his date would know it's him, and he could see her with a Morpeko.

[Name]: Yea it's out

Nessa: Uh huh, good luck little bro!

[Name] slipped his phone back into his pocket and looked down at his partner. "It's all gonna be fine right?" He asked it. It didn't answer of course, just stared at him. [Name] re-focused his attention at the door to the restaurant.

Somehow [Name] had let Nessa convince him to go on a blind date with a girl. She basically guaranteed him that they would hit it off and she would adore him. But how much could he really trust his big sister? The same one that do jump scares on him from under the water, pretending to be a raging Sharpedo? But [Name] had been single for a while, so he agreed to go.

Nessa had made reservation's for him and his date at The Captain's Table, Hulbury's renowned seafood restaurant. He was waiting at a table, nervously drumming his fingers on the table. The collar of his nice dress shirt felt too tight and he quickly unbuttoned one of the top buttons.

He heard the door to the restaurant open and his head whipped up, focusing on whoever was coming inside. He spotted the Morpeko first, but then his eyes roamed to the girl holding it. [Name] sucked in a breath. The girl had obsidian black hair pulled up into high pigtails with bangs almost covering one eye, and it looked like part of her hair was shaved down to show off a pattern. She wore a short pink halter dress with a cropped leather jacket over it, and she had a choker around her neck.

[Name] felt like he had stopped breathing. She was gorgeous, just his type, and he recognized her. This was Marnie, the newest dark type gym leader of Spikemuth. Her eyes landed on [Name] and his Staryu, her face heated up quickly, silently thanking Piers and Nessa for setting this up.

Marnie started walking over and [Name] stood up. "[Name]?" She asked, a Galarian accent accompanying her voice. [Name] nodded and held out his hand, trying to stop it from shaking. "That's me, Marnie, right?" He asked. Marnie nodded nd freed one of her arms to shake his hand. Her hand was so small compared to his, he wanted to hold it forever. But [Name] reluctantly let go and walked closer to pull her chair out for her.

Marnie nodded her thanks as she took a seat, watching [Name] rush back to his seat. Morpeko squirmed in her arms. "Sorry, it alright if I put Morpeko back in its ball? Otherwise it'll eat our food." [Name] chuckled, making Marnie's ears pinken. "Not at all. You too Staryu." They each took out their partner's pokéballs, returning them before looking at each other again.