Milo - Rescue

Requested by Totodilelover33

Milo X GN Reader

A/N: Have a little preview into a big project I'm working on 😏

Set in an AU

You woke to the sound of Rookidee chirping outside your window and sunbeams casting in right in your face. Your Bounsweet was still fast asleep next to your head.

You took a deep breath and smiled up at the ceiling above you, "Good morning!" You called out to no one before starting your morning routine.

You lived in a small stone and wood cottage out in the woods, far from the local village. Not because you were shunned, exiled, or outcast. You just preferred the peaceful privacy and the simple life you lead here. You lived amongst the forest pokémon and ran a small farm bursting with fruits, vegetables, a honey harvesting spot from all the Combee, and a pen of Wooloo and Miltank.

The farm wasn't too large, just big enough to sustain you and help make you make a little money. Just because you lived in a cottage in the woods, didn't mean you didn't enjoy the occasional indulgence in the village?

Once you returned back inside from harvesting food, taking care of the Combee houses, and feeding your other pokémon, you saw that Bounsweet was finally awake and moving around. "Finally awake are you?" You asked smiling. 'Sweet!'

You set down a bowl of berried for it before preparing your own simple breakfast. You had a lot of produce to bring into the village today to sell, so you needed to get a move on.

"Be back later!" You and Bounsweet waved to the rest of the pokémon on the farm, carrying the produce you were selling in a large basket and heading for the village. The wind rustled the leaves in the tree lightly, the river nearby was gurgling, and the sound of the various forest pokémon buzzed around you. It was so peaceful, until it wasn't.

The sound of an extremely distressed pokémon caught your ears. "Sounds like they're in trouble. Let's go!" You told your Bounsweet before taking off running. Bounsweet struggled to keep up so you scooped it up and put it in the basket of food. The sound was getting louder along with the river. You broke the tree line to see a small group of Excadrill towering over a frightened looking Totodile. But this Totodile looked different. It's skin was a pale green instead of the normal blue.

You stepped forward, "Hey! Leave that Totodile alone!" You yelled out. The group of pokémon turned to look at you. The Totodile took the chance to run past them, hiding behind your legs. The Excadrill growled and stalked toward you. You were working on adrenaline, not thinking this far ahead. You were a farmer, not fighter or trainer. You took a step back, keeping Totodile behind you, "Ok let's not be hasty ok..?" You laughed nervously.

One of the Excadrill lunged for you, you closed your eyes and braced for the pain. But instead of pain, you heard something slam into something else. You opened an eye to see a Flapple had rammed into the charging Excadrill. You gasped, watching the Flapple shoot bullet seeds at another. The Flapple looked strong, but you still would've felt bad leaving it on its own. 

That is until the Flapple looked directly at you. It was strange. Almost as if, it was just telling you to go. You grabbed Totodile, holding it close and ran off toward the village.

As soon as you entered the town square you inspected the Totodile for injuries. It seemed shaken up, but otherwise ok. "I have to sell some stuff, then I'll take you back ok?" You asked it. It didn't answer, just nuzzled deeper into your arms. "Bounsweet, why don't you keep it company?" Bounsweet came to attention and sidled up to the Totodile while you sold your produce in town.