Brock - The Soft Side

Requested by SuperLuigiFangirl01

Brock x Female reader

"Onix, Bide!" Brock ordered. The young trainer before him stared with wide eyes as the giant Onix coiled up and stopped moving. He laughed, "You'll just sit there!? Well, ok! Charmander use scratch!" The trainer's charmander charged and started scratching away at Onix's rocky exterior.

Onix did not move. "Keep scratching!" The trainer called, and his Charmander listened. Slowly scraping away at the rock pokemon.

Brock chuckled, catching the trainer's attention. "Release it, Onix!" Brock called. The Onix unfurled quickly, hitting the Charmander and knocking it across the battlefield.

"Charmander is unable to battle! The winner is gym leader Brock and his Onix!" The battle referee called the match, and the trainer hung his head in defeat. "Oh man."

Brock returned his pokémon and walked up to the trainer. "My rock type pokemon have strong defenses, physical moves like scratching won't do much. Train your pokémon and find your strategy. Challenge me again when you're ready." The trainer looked up and met Brock's piercing gaze. The gym leader's face was so stoic and serious that it made him nervous. "U-uh sure..."

Brock clapped the trainer's shoulder before walking out. But the trainer got a glimpse of Brock's left hand and saw a wedding ring glint under the gym lights. One of the gym trainers approached him. "Better luck next time." "Is..is that guy really married? Man, I feel bad for his wife..." the trainer muttered. The gym trainer smiled. "Oh of you only knew."

Yes, at work, Brock is known to he the stoic and serious rock type gym leader of Pewter City. Known for his solid defense in pokémon battles. But as soon as he's home, that defense crumbles like a dried out sand castle.

Brock took out his key and unlocked the door to his home. "I'm home!" He called out. A woman poked her head out from the kitchen area and smiled lovingly, "Welcome back! Dinners almost ready!" She went back into the kitchen while Brock she'd his shoes and went to the open courtyard to let his pokémon out.

When he returned, he watched his lovely wife pulling chicken out of the deep fryer and placing it on a plate with a paper towel. "Katsu? You spoil me [Name]. " Brock came up and hugged her from behind, kissing her cheek. [Name] giggled, "Want some help?" He asked, smiling at her with so much love and affection.

[Name] shook her head, "I'm just about done, but Omanyte hasn't gotten its food yet. Will you go give it some?" She asked sweetly, not meeting his eyes. "Of course, love!" Brock answered immediately and went to go find [Name]'s beloved pokémon.

The helix fossil was something Brock had given to [Name] on their second wedding anniversary, and she was ecstatic. She brought it to the Pewter City Fossil Lab immediately to have it revived.

Brock passed by a picture of him and [Name] on their wedding day a little over three years ago and stopped in his tracks. He loved this photo, always stopping on his way to their room to look at it. [Name] was stunning that day. The wedding dress she had picked out with her friends and mother was perfect for her. It had complimented her so nicely and fit her like a glove. She still had it stored in a special box somewhere.

She carried a bouquet of her favorite flowers. Her hair was just as she wanted it, and her eyes sparkled with joy. When Brock saw her walking down the aisle with her dad, he practically sobbed.

Brock reached out and touched the photo gently. If a trainer had seen this, they wouldn't have believed it was the same gym leader they had just fought. [Name] could always bring out the softer side of Brock. Their wedding day was one of the few times others had seen him that way.

He pulled himself out of his day dreams and stepped into their shared bedroom. [Name]'s Omanyte was snoozing on top of a box Brock didn't recognize. "Hey buddy, ready for food?" Brock asked. Carefully lifting Omanyte off of the box. The pokémon wiggled a bit before settling again, retreating into its shell.

Brock glimpsed down at the box. It was a small cardboard box with "For My Love" written on top with a marker. Brock smiled and placed Omanyte back down, just for a moment.

He picked up the box and sat on the edge of the bed, opening it eagerly. Brock choked back a gasp at the contents. Inside was a positive pregnancy test and ultrasound pictures with what looked like a small bean in them.

"Surprise?" [Name] called out from the doorway, hands on her stomach. Brock stared at her. "Y-you...how long...?" "About 8 weeks...I wanted to be sure before telling you..." [Name] stepped closer. Brock stood up and pulled her quickly in for a hug, picking her off her feet and spinning her around. [Name] laughed with delight. "I'm going to be a dad!" Brock exclaimed, happier than he's felt since their wedding day.

Brock was with [Name] through every step of her pregnancy. Every nauseous visit to the bathroom, every pregnancy induced good craving, through every false contraction, and through the painful delivery seven months later.

But it was all worth it when he stared down at the little boy in [Name]'s arms. "He's perfect, Brock.." [Name] smiled down at her son. He had the same dark skin and wisps of dark hair like Brock, but that face was all you. Brock kissed her sweat covered hair, "You did great [Name]..." He gazed at his wife and son so fondly.

"Have you thought of a name, love?" [Name] asked, unable to tear her gaze away from her baby. "I have...what do you think of the name Riku?" [Name] smiled, "Perfect...hi Riku..." she bounced the baby slightly. He wiggled in her arms briefly.

Brock, his beautiful wife, and new son. Was there anything better than this? Brock looked at them again, his family. No. He decided.

If any trainer looked into the room and saw this new family, they wouldn't recognize Pewter City's gym leader, not the one they'd come to know at least. They would just see the soft husband who loved his family more than anything.

 They would just see the soft husband who loved his family more than anything