Leon - Insecurities

Requested by Dezerayanderson

Leon x Female Reader

You were buzzing with excitement. Not only had it been almost a month since you had seen your boyfriend (thanks to his champion duties), but you were going to be celebrating with his family and his neighbor's family tonight with a barbeque! Leon's mom's barbecues were the best! And you would get to spend quality time with your (hopefully) future family. Then you and Leon could head back to your shared home over in Wyndon. And he was supposed to be free until the championship!

So you were walking with Hop and his friend Gloria over to Wedgehurst station, your Noctowl flying overhead as a way of keeping you safe, because you agreed with Hop; Leon could get lost inside of a paper bag. "Are you excited to see Leon [Name]?" Hop asked, trying to contain the urge to run ahead. You gave him a wide smile, "Of course I am! We've both been so busy with work that we haven't had a chance to see each other!" "But you live together?" Gloria asked. You shrugged and looked up at your Noctowl, "Yea, but he has his champion work, and the restaurant needs me." "Don't you ever get worried?" Gloria asked, glancing at you nervously. You stopped walking.

If you were being honest with yourself, a little bit. You worried that something may happen to Leon and you wouldn't find out for days. You worried the Chairman would push him too far, and he'd exhaust himself. But most of all, you worried he'd meet someone else.

Leon would never cheat on you. You knew that much. But that doesn't mean he could find some other girl. Someone better than you. Prettier than you. And sweep her off her feet. Dump you so that he could be with her instead. Those were the thoughts that kept you up at night, making you miss him, but unable to call him knowing that he needed his rest. You started picking at your fingers nervously, a habit you had picked up when your anxiety started to get the best of you.

Hop glared at Gloria, "Hey [Name] and Lee are always going to be together!" Hop grabbed your hand gently. "I know Lee loves you [Name]." You nodded and gave Hop a small smile, "Thanks Hop. Let's go find your brother before he gets lost, yea?"

When you arrived at Wedgehurst, there was a large crowd surrounding the train station. Overhead, your Noctowl made a sound of delight. You smiled, seeing what your partner had seen, the head of a Charizard. "There he is!" Hop exclaimed with excitement. You felt your heart begin to beat faster, knowing your love was so close after a month of being apart. And then the screaming girls brought you back to reality. "Leon! Leon take a selfie with me!" "I love you Leon!" "Leon, we should go out to dinner sometime!" You scanned the girls one by one. All of them were beautiful, wearing stylish clothing. You hugged yourself self-consciously. "Um hey Hop?" "Yea?" "Why don't you guide Leon back to the house ok? The crowd is making me nervous..." Hop looked from you to the crowd, and his eyes landed on the girls. "Are you sure [Name]? Lee would be happy to see you?" You were already taking a few steps back, "I'm sure. I want to help your mom, be careful on the way back ok? I'll see everyone when you get back." You whistled for your Noctowl and began a brisk walk back to the house.

"Sorry everyone, but I've got some very important people to see! But I hope you all have a champion time!" Leon exclaimed before doing his signature pose. This seemed to be enough for the crowd as they dispersed, leaving just Hop and Gloria there. Leon looked around excitedly, but his smile melted when he didn't see you. Hop and Gloria walked up, "Hey little brother!" Leon pulled Hop in for a hug, "Hey Lee!" "And this must be Gloria, man I haven't seen you since you were a kid!" Gloria beamed, her cheeks turning pink. "Hi Leon!" Leon released his brother and looked around, like you might be hiding. "Where's [Name]? I thought she'd come see me..." Hop and Gloria exchanged a look. "She wanted to help mom get food ready, so she's waiting for us back at the house." Leon grinned, "Well then let's not keep the ladies waiting!" Leon started running forward, eager to see you. Gloria and Hop followed behind, "Why didn't you tell him more?" She asked, quiet enough so Leon couldn't hear, even though he was way ahead of them. Hop kept his gaze on his brother, "He'll figure it out, or he's at least gotta figure it out on his own."