Leon - Sacrifice

Here we go again!

Requested by Shieru_Katsuaki

Leon x Female Reader

Trigger Warning: Mentions blood and hospitals

You watched the towering dark clouds overhead warily. You were supposed to be watching your little brother take on Leon for the championship title. But you just couldn't focus. You fidgeted in your seat nervously, and Hop noticed. "[Name] would you stop fidgeting? Victor will be fine. Leon will still be nice to him once he beats your brother." He smirked, trying to get a reaction out of you, but you kept your eyes on the sky. Your Raichu was also fidgeting on your lap. "Maybe Lee will even take you out for a celebratory dinner afterwards~" Hop teased.

Yea, Hop knew about your feelings for his older brother. Victor had spilled the beans to Hop on accident and swore him to secrecy. Though that didn't him from teasing you about it.

Leon and Victor finally walked out onto the pitch, waving to the crowds. You managed to pull your eyes away from the sky to look over at Leon. Your heart skipped a beat, the way it always did when you saw Leon. You two were neighbors and grew up together. Just like Hop and Victor. Though you did not share Leon's enthusiasm for battle. You were an engineer and helped with the electric grid around Galar along with your Raichu.

You would meet with Leon and Chairman Rose all the time to discuss the energy system in Galar. Though lately, the Chairman had been worrying about the energy supply, even with your certainty, that energy would not be a problem anytime soon. Still, he kept babbling about a problem thousands of years in the future. You figured this is not something you all needed to worry about now, but did as the Chairman asked when it came to adjusting the grids. But there was something in your gut telling you it was a bad idea.

But working with the Chairman like that also meant spending time with Leon. So you pushed down the bad feeling and focused on two things: work and Leon. You had been crushing on him since you were both young. You were devastated when he left home to pursue his journey to become Champion, but you supported him every step of the way and watched all his battles. That was how you bonded with Hop again. You, Hop, and Victor would get together all the time to watch Leon's matches, pushing away the ache in your heart that missed him so dearly. So when you started working for the Chairman and saw Leon again, you were ecstatic.

Leon scanned the crowd, smiling brightly. You knew he wouldn't find you in the crowd, but you could imagine that he saw you and smiled at you. You waved from your seat, knowing he wouldn't notice among his screaming fans. But he knew you were there, and that was enough.

Before Leon or Victor could send out their first pokemon, the stadium darkened. Except for the jumbotron, where the Chairman's face appeared. You felt your stomach drop, and Raichu bristled in your lap. Rose went on to explain the disaster coming in a thousand years and how he would stop it today by enacting the darkest day. The rest of what happened was a blur, static filling your ears as you thought of the power plant you had been working on underneath Hammerlocke. Guilt filled you. "[Name] are you listening!?" You could just barely make out Hop's words through the static in your ears. The stadium was in a panic as people were trying to get out of the stadium. You looked back toward the pitch and saw Leon and Victor running out. Victor. Leon. You stood up, "Raichu, stay in your ball for now!" You returned your partner and faced Hop. "We have to find Leon and Victor." Hop nodded, determined. "I'll go get Victor and Sonia. You find my brother. Stay safe [Name]!"

You let out your Drifblim and grabbed onto it as it flew you over to Hammerlocke. Rose's guards were everywhere, but you managed to sneak past them and onto the elevator. You weren't sure how, but you knew that's where Leon would be. Any gaurd that got in your way, you took down. You may not have had a future career in battling, but you could still hold your own against opponents nonetheless. The elevator dinged as the door opened to the top floor. A thick dark cloud covered the area above, but you spotted Leon and his charizard. "Lee!" You called, starting to run toward him.