Tabitha - Protected

Requested by LeeStar14

Tabitha x Male Reader

"Tabi! Wait up!" You called out, following after the young boy. "C'mon [Name]! Keep up!" He called back with a large smile. Older people in town smiled watching the two 6 year old boys running around their hometown.

See, you grew up with Tabitha in Lavaridge town,and you two were inseparable. You both had a love for fire pokémon of course. Tabitha caught his Numel with the help of his grandfather a year ago. While your parents had gifted you a Slugma earlier that year.

You were both racing to see who could get to the hot springs first, when you tripped over...we'll, nothing. You tumbled to the ground harshly. The pokéball you always had with you slipped out of your pocket, releasing your Slugma. The lava slug came a little closer, concerned for its trainer.

Your knees hurt, and you could feel tears stinging at your eyes, but you tried to hold them back. "Don't cry stupid..." You scolded yourself. "Hey! What happened!?" Tabitha yelled from his spot a few feet away from you. You couldn't look up and meet his gaze. It was too embarrassing. You didn't quite know why yet.

The next thing you knew, Tabitha was right beside you. One hand on your lower back, and the other holding your hand. His hand was soft and warm, and he smelled like woodfire smoke. It was comforting.

"Up you go, you ok?" He asked, eyes filled with concern. You just nodded. You knew your face was red with pain and embarrassment. You half expected Tabitha to chide you for being clumsy.

Instead, his hand landed softly on your head, stroking your hair. "Pain, pain, go away." He said softly. Your eyes widened, forgetting about the pain in your knees.

"Better?" He asked, smiling. "Y-yea, how'd you do that!?" Tabitha laughed, "Magic! But be careful from now on! Tell me when something hurts, ok? Don't try to grit and bear it!"

-

-

-

-

-

-

The alarm clock next to you started blaring, and you groggily opened your eyes. You hadn't dreamed of Tabitha in so long. That dream was a long forgotten memory from 15 years ago.

The last time you had seen him was when you were both 10, and his grandfather passed. Tabi was never the same after that. You had tried to comfort him awkwardly, but it didn't work. A few days later, he disappeared without a trace.

His disappearance hit you hard. You missed your best friend. Not only that, you missed your boyhood crush. For a long time, you told yourself that boys didn't have those kinds of feelings for other boys. At some point in your teen adolescence, you accepted it, and your family didn't mind. You were pretty lucky in that aspect. But your heart could never forget Tabitha.

You had tried to date, but...they weren't him.

Years had passed, and you now worked as a scientist at the Weather Institute of Hoenn. But you lived in Fortree City, usually flying over to your job on your Altaria.

Your Magcargo made its way over and stared at you from the bed. "Yea yea I'm coming." You told it, getting up and stretching out your body before starting your morning routine.

Unfortunately, piles of very boring paperwork awaited you as you stepped into the institute, which meant you wouldn't have much to distract from the dream of your first love. You sighed and relinquished yourself to the boredom, picking up a pen as your Magcargo found its way under your desk to keep you warm.