Ortega - Princess

Requested by CorrineGlaceon

Ortega x Female Reader

You were the young princess of the Navi Kingdom, with your older brother Atticus the heir to the throne. But that was still a long way off, as your father and mother were still young and dependable. The Navi kingdom was surrounded by forests and was most known for its admirable art and fashion amongst the other kingdoms. Which meant you always wore the most beautiful dress any little girl could ask for. You would want for nothing, other than the attention of your older brother. You would spend much of your day begging him to play with you in your rooms or the garden, and he would always give in eventually. Luckily, you two were not far in age. As Atticus was 9 while you were 6. Atticus would always be your protective older brother though.

"Ah, a dragon!" You laughed as you screamed out, unable to contain your excitement. Your small white Eevee had run out from some of the bushes in your family's garden, wearing a spiked tail, and tried to pounce on you. "Do not worry thyself fair maiden! For I shall protect you!" Atticus yelled out, wearing the padded armor he used to practice his swordmanship with the other knights and brandishing a stick as his sword. "Back you fell beast!" He light poked at Eevee, "I shall protect the princess with all my being! For her affection is all that matters!" Atticus smiled as Eevee smirked back before scratching a spot on its back and dislodging the tail. "My hero!" You cried out and hugged Atticus tightly. Atticus patted your head lightly. "Thy knoweth a true hero will come for thine heart someday?" He asked softly, a bit of tension in his voice. You nodded dreamily, "He will sweep me off my feet the same way daddy does with mommy, right?" "R-right.."

Maids came rushing out, "Prince Atticus! Princess [Name]! The King and Queen request your presence in the throne room at once!" They all bowed. Atticus began disassembling his armor, "Very well! We shall leave henceforth..after..." He struggled to get a shoulder piece off, as he couldn't reach a strap on his back. You reached up gently and helped him untie it, which he smiled gratefully at you for. "Ride?" You asked innocently, and Atticus grinned before leaning down in front of you. You hopped onto his back, "Hold on!" Atticus took off running eith Eevee hot on your heels, and you giggling like a maniac.

You shifted in your small throne uncomfortably. You hated sitting in these things, so uncomfortable. But your father said important visitors were coming today, so you needed to be proper, and you were at least allowed to have Eevee on your lap. Your throne sat on your mother's left, while Atticus was on your father's right. Which meant you couldn't talk to him, and that made you pout a bit. "Head straight, my darling. They're about to come in." Your mother said gently, so you did as you were told.

"Queen Iris! And Prince Ortega from the Ruchbah kingdom!" The herald announced as the doors to the throne room opened. A beautiful queen walked in with a small boy beside her. He looked like he was probably around your age, in a light pink suit with platinum blonde hair cut roundly on him. They and even the servants accompanying them dressed incredibly well. Though this was unsurprising, seeing as the Ruchbah kingdom was known for its textiles and tailors. Your two kingdoms often traded goods and thus had a well-established and trusting relationship. You smiled at the thought of a new possible playmate.

The Queen curtsied as Ortega bowed with a serious expression on his face. "Iris, please, no need for such formalities." Your father smiled and stood, signaling for the rest of your family to stand as well. Ortega's eyes wandered the family until his eyes landed on you, and you watched his face flush. You giggled and waved a little. Ortega shyly waved back. "Let us take our guests to the dining hall, where we may eat and talk." The servants started moving and escorting you all for lunch.

You, Atticus, and Ortega sat together and were able to talk freely as the parents discussed business. You were happily muching on the delicious food that was brought out and sneakily giving some to Eevee as well. "You're Eevee is an unusual color princess. It must be rare." Ortega commented, staring at Eevee. You smiled, "Yep! Mother and I found it last winter sliding around on the frozen pond. It liked me a lot so mommy gave me a pokeball so it could be my friend!" Your smile turned toward Ortega. "Do you have any pokemon Ortega?" "[Name]. You shall address him as Prince, or Prince Ortega." Atticus lightly scolded, but you simply rolled your eyes. "Well you can just call me [Name] when we're not being formal, like now!" You grinned. Your smile was infectious because Ortega smiled as well, "Th-then you may also address me as Ortega when we are relaxed like this.." Atticus sighed, "Then you may also address me simply as Atticus in times like this.." 'Vee~'.