41

Hyunjin couldn't believe his eyes. Once the door swung open, Hyunjin's entire being was stiff in fear and anticipation. Although Olivia had told them that they would be meeting Felix, Hyunjin was still a little skeptical.

It shouldn't be this easy, right? The villains wouldn't just let them waltz in through the room and just take Felix away. There has to be a catch. It can't be this simple.

All those thoughts vanished upon seeing Felix stand behind the villains. There he was, standing among the others, gaze fixed on Hyunjin.

"Felix-" Hyunjin stepped forward but was stopped by Chan.

"Wait," Chan muttered, eyes scanning the room. He had to make sure this wasn't a trap. He, too, had his senses shut off momentarily upon seeing Felix, but he had to be focused for the sake of the safety of the team.

"Can we come in?" Olivia inquired. The villain standing by the door seemed to ponder over it a little but eventually let them in.

"Be on your guard, everyone," Chan whispered to the others, who walked in with wide eyes and open mouths. As much they tried to conceive their emotions, they couldn't help but be in awe.

"Can't believe you've kept this place clean," Olivia commented, comfortably taking a seat on the couch.

"Don't you have some explaining to do?" The leader of the villains asked. Olivia just rolled her eyes but began anyway.

"As you all can see," She addressed Chan and the others. "Felix is safe and secure. I didn't mislead you or betray you by bringing you here."

Chan nodded, urging Olivia to continue.

"This may come off as a shocker but," Olivia took a moment to think. "You know what, Chris, why don't you show them? It'll be much quicker."

The leader looked towards the others, who nodded in response. "Alright," Chris said, and on the counter of three, the masks of all the villains were off.

A round of gasps was heard across the room. Jeongin felt his legs giving away, Seungmin's jaw was dropped open, Jisung wanted to scream, and the rest of them refused to believe what they were seeing.

"This... This isn't real," Hyunjin said, staring at man beside Felix that was an exact replica of him.

Olivia smirked. "Oh, but it is, isn't that right, Chris?"

Chan, or rather, Chris nodded. "We are not your doppelgangers, nor is this our gift. We are you from the future. We... time traveled to this timeline."

"A- W- What?" Minho managed to say. "Time travel? Is this a joke?"

"It isn't," The 'other' Minho spoke. "We're from the year 2055. Technology has advanced to an extent where time travel is now possible."

"But why?" Changbin questioned. "Why come here? Why pretend to be villains? Why battle us?"

Olivia raised her hand. "I'll answer all your questions, but before that, I have something to confess."