5

Jeongin was the first among the eight to wake up, feeling a mix of nervousness and anticipation. Training would begin in a few hours, and he was terrified. He possessed a powerful gift that could benefit and protect the team, but the idea of using it against dangerous villains frightened him.

After quickly refreshing himself, Jeongin headed to the kitchen. Despite not being a skilled cook, he decided to make a simple breakfast for everyone: pancakes and fried bacon. Fortunately, Felix had also woken up and offered to help. Jeongin gratefully accepted his assistance, with Felix making the pancakes while Jeongin fried the bacon.

As the aroma of food filled the air, the others began to awaken. Some stumbled into the kitchen, still groggy, while others took the opportunity to freshen up while Jeongin and Felix cooked.

Hyunjin, dressed in new clothes, approached Felix, who was preparing the first batch of pancakes for Changbin and Minho.

"You look like you slept well," Hyunjin commented, peering over Felix's shoulder to watch him cook. "Did the sketchbook help?"

Felix smiled to himself. "It did, actually."

"That's great to hear," Hyunjin replied. "What did you draw?"

"Just some rough sketches of flowers," Felix answered, turning toward Hyunjin. "Roses, daisies, tulips, and such. It helped take my mind off things, and I slept like a baby."

"I'm glad," Hyunjin said, a wide smile on his face as he gently patted Felix's hair. "Will you show them to me after training?"

"They're not that good, though," Felix admitted, looking down with embarrassment. "I'm just an amateur."

"It doesn't matter," Hyunjin reassured him. "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. If you drew them, they must be beautiful."

Felix's cheeks flushed, causing him to turn his back to Hyunjin and focus on making more pancakes. "I'll show you."

"Great," Hyunjin responded, a smirk evident in his voice. "I'll have some pancakes, please. I'm starving."

"Sure," Felix said. "Go take a seat, and I'll bring them to you."

Hyunjin gently squeezed Felix's shoulder before joining Jisung at the table. The others soon followed suit, enjoying the delicious meal. Felix and Jeongin were the last to eat, engaging in a light conversation while the rest prepared for the day.

By the time they finished, it was almost eight, and they gathered in the common room, eagerly waiting for their instructor to arrive. Anticipation and nervous energy filled the room.

As the clock struck eight, the elevator doors opened with a ding, revealing a tall woman with a commanding presence. She introduced herself as Captain Lee, their training instructor, immediately capturing everyone's attention. Her confidence and expertise were palpable.

"Good morning, recruits," Captain Lee greeted them with a firm nod. "Today, we will begin your training to harness and control your unique abilities. We will push you to your limits, but remember, you were chosen for a reason."