23

Felix was well aware that he had to intervene. The strained atmosphere between Minho and Jisung had gone on for far too long, and it was evident to everyone around them. These two close friends had barely exchanged a word in the past few days.

During training sessions, Jisung used to partner with Minho almost all the time, but recently, he had been pestering Felix to be his partner instead, leaving Hyunjin to pair up with Minho. It was not a favorable situation for Hyunjin since Minho was known to be ruthless in training.

"We have to do something, love," Hyunjin complained, lying on Felix's chest and absentmindedly playing with the other's fingers. "I can't stand the tension between them anymore."

"Neither of them has the courage to address it," Felix replied, resting his chin on Hyunjin's head. "Jisung is convinced that Minho hyung wants nothing to do with him anymore."

"Have you talked to Minho hyung?" Hyunjin asked.

"No, he keeps avoiding me," Felix frowned slightly. "He probably assumes that Jisung told me, so he may think I'll confront him about it."

"But Lix," Hyunjin groaned, tilting his head up to look at him. "I can't handle training sessions with him anymore. He's ruthless. I miss training with you."

Felix chuckled softly, placing a gentle kiss on Hyunjin's forehead. "Too bad, I was starting to enjoy having Jisung as my new partner."

Hyunjin quickly sat up, looking at Felix with wide eyes that expressed a sense of betrayal. His mouth fell open in disbelief. "How could you? You're choosing Jisung over me?"

"Well, for one," Felix began, "you always go easy on me, but Jisung doesn't. You get overly concerned even if I stumble a little. It's hard to train properly when I'm paired with you!"

Hyunjin didn't know what to say because deep down, he knew Felix was right. Felix observed Hyunjin's distressed expression, and his own softened, prompting him to ease the tension.

"But," Felix continued, scooting closer to Hyunjin and gently cupping his face. "Jisung isn't you. He could never replace you, Hyunnie. I may train better with him, but I love being with you."

Hyunjin's gaze softened as he watched Felix's eyes sparkle. It was a truly captivating sight. The stars that couldn't fit into Felix's eyes were beautifully displayed on his cheeks, and Hyunjin's heart fluttered at the sight, he could imagine waking up to the sight of those freckles for the rest of his life.

"You're beautiful," Hyunjin blurted out, unable to contain himself.

Felix was taken aback by the compliment, but soon, a bright smile adorned his face.

"Really?"

"Have you seen yourself? I wasn't lying when i said you were the most beautiful boy I've ever seen," Hyunjin gently pulled Felix closer by the waist. "You're gorgeous."

"Says you," Felix muttered under his breath, loud enough for Hyunjin to hear. "You're absolutely breathtaking."