36

Jeongin stretched his legs out on the couch, draping the blanket over him in order to cover himself fully. His eyes were glued to the television screen, but his brain hadn't really been processing anything. The low volume of whatever show was playing gently echoed through the room.

His room had felt too stuffy lately. This is why he began to spend most of his time in the common room or in the training rooms.

"You want something to eat, Jeongin?" Changbin asked from the kitchen, currently engaged in grabbing a packet of chips from the cabinet. "There's pretzels, cookies, and... oh, m&m's!"

"I'm good, hyung," Jeongin said, his eyes not leaving the images flashing on the screen.

"You sure?"

"Yeah..." Jeongin nods. "Don't really have an appetite."

"You're okay, right, Innie?" It was Chan who spoke. He had just entered the room in order to get himself a glass of water.

"Are any of us really okay?" Jeongin chuckled sadly. "It's been a week since Felix hyung was taken, and we haven't heard from him since. We haven't seen or spoken to our families and friends for over five months. We've had no training whatsoever. And we don't know how long we're going to be stuck here."

"Jeongin..." Chan sighed sadly, looking over at Changbin, who could sense the exhaustion on the older's face. Changbin simply nods and mouths 'I'll handle it hyung, you go'. He knew how tired the Chan was and was willing to take over for him. Chan smiles gratefully, disappearing into the hallway as Changbin decides to sit down with Jeongin and offer some comfort.

Chan gulps the water in one go as he makes his way to Felix's room. It had become sort of a routine for him at this point. He had always made sure to spend at least an hour a day in Felix's room. Chan would write music there, play the guitar, or just simply bask in whatever essence of Felix was left behind in the remnants of his room.

That is why when he opens the door of the room, he's a little taken back when he finds Hyunjin already in there, buried under Felix's bedsheets, curled up into a ball.

"Hey, Hyunjin," Chan said softly, not wanting to startle the fellow member. Hyunjin looked up with red-rimmed eyes, a silent acknowledgment passing between them. Chan took a seat on the edge of Felix's bed, giving Hyunjin a moment.

After a pause, Hyunjin whispered, "I just... needed to be here, you know? It still feels like he could walk in any moment."

Chan nodded, understanding the sentiment. "We're all feeling it, Hyunjin. It's tough, but we'll find him. And until then, we stick together."

Hyunjin sighed, leaning into Chan's reassuring presence. "I know, it's just... hard."

Chan placed a hand on Hyunjin's shoulder. "We'll get through this. For Felix and for each other."

Hyunjin nodded. A moment passed before he spoke up again. "I'm sorry, hyung."

"For what?" Chan questioned.

"For lashing out on you that day," Hyunjin looked down in guilt and embarrassment. "I let my emotions get the best of me, and that was a shitty thing to do."