25

Felix was torn. He knew he shouldn't have kept this information to himself; it was too serious and important. Yet, a part of him believed that finding out the truth on his own might be the best course of action.

The villain had intentionally left a crumpled note in the van for Felix to find. Curiosity had compelled him to pick it up and read its contents in the privacy of his room. It was a phone number with a single, enigmatic sentence below it: 'Use a burner phone.'

Now the question lingered in his mind - why would the villain want him to call? And why secretly? He wished he could share this with the group, but it seemed the villain specifically intended for him to handle it alone.

It was past midnight, and Felix hoped most of his teammates were asleep. Convincing Hyunjin to sleep in his own room for once had been a challenge, but he managed it. Now, he clutched the paper in his hand, contemplating whether to make the call.

An idea struck him - Jisung had a spare phone that he used to secretly contact his parents. Maybe he could borrow it. With newfound determination, Felix rushed to Jisung's room and knocked softly. When Jisung finally opened the door, looking weary, Felix felt guilty for disturbing him.

"Felix... it's so late," Jisung muttered, rubbing his eyes.

"I know, and I'm sorry, but it's an emergency," Felix explained urgently, stepping inside Jisung's room.

Curiosity piqued, Jisung asked, "What's going on?"

Felix handed him the crumpled note, and Jisung read it carefully. His eyes widened in surprise as he looked back at Felix.

"This is from the villain, isn't it?" Jisung asked.

Felix nodded, feeling the weight of the situation. "He left it for me to find. He wants me to call him, but using a burner phone."

"Sounds risky," Jisung said, concern evident in his voice.

"It is, but I need to know what he wants," Felix replied, knowing that Jisung was trustworthy enough to share this secret with.

"Why don't you tell the others?" Jisung asked.

"I think the villain wants it this way - just me knowing, at least for now," Felix explained, feeling torn about not involving his teammates. "You're the exception, of course."

Seeing Felix's determination, Jisung reached for his spare phone and handed it to him. "Alright, be careful."

Felix felt grateful for Jisung's support. He knew he could count on him. Taking the phone and paper, he hesitated for a moment.

"You didn't tell Hyunjin either?" Asked Jisung, breaking Felix from his inner turmoil.

"I'm not obligated to tell him everything!" Felix retorted.

"Isn't he your boyfriend, though?"

Felix's eyes widened as he stared at the nonchalant expression on Jisung's face.