1

Felix stood in front of the towering building, its glass facade reflecting the morning sunlight. It was a pleasant Tuesday morning, but he couldn't shake off the feeling that something unexpected awaited him inside.

Instead of clocking into work an hour earlier as planned, Felix found himself at the Institute of Supernatural Gifts of Korea. The office had summoned him for a meeting regarding an urgent matter. Unable to turn down such a request from a powerful institution, he had arrived promptly, glancing at his watch to confirm his punctuality.

With hesitant steps, Felix entered the building and approached the administration desk. He inquired about the meeting, and the kind administrator directed him to the topmost floor, instructing him to wait outside the boardroom.

As he entered the hallway, Felix noticed seven other individuals already seated there. Had he arrived late, or were these people unusually early? He took a seat next to a tall man with stunning flowing blonde hair that framed his face.

Felix couldn't help but admire the man's appearance, silently wishing for hair as lustrous as his. The stranger suddenly glanced up from his phone, catching Felix off guard. Their eyes met, and a surge of flustered confusion washed over him. Feeling obliged to acknowledge the stranger's attention, Felix mustered a simple smile.

"You're not too bad yourself, you know," the stranger remarked, leaving Felix puzzled.

"Your freckles. Are they natural?" the stranger inquired, his tone friendly and curious.

"Uh, yes," Felix stammered, caught off guard by the unexpected question.

The stranger introduced himself with a warm smile and extended his hand. "I'm Hyunjin. Nice to meet you."

Felix accepted the handshake, feeling a mixture of embarrassment and intrigue. "Hi, I'm Felix."

Hyunjin chuckled, breaking the momentary awkwardness. "Don't worry, love. I have the ability to read minds."

Felix's cheek felt exposed, as if his thoughts had been laid bare before this enigmatic stranger.

Amused by Felix's reaction, Hyunjin reassured him, "It's alright. I appreciate compliments, and you look pretty, too."

Utterly flustered, Felix managed a shy thank you in response. The encounter had certainly left an indelible mark on his first impression.

Before long, a lady emerged from the boardroom and addressed the group, signaling them to enter. They quietly filed into the room, where several distinguished individuals, dressed in professional attire, sat around an oval-shaped table.

"Please take a seat, everyone," the man at the head of the table commanded.

Felix found himself seated next to Hyunjin, who exchanged a smile and a playful wink. As the room settled, the lights dimmed, and the lady from earlier entered with a laptop, projecting a PowerPoint presentation titled "Seoul's New Vigilantes."

Confusion rippled through the room.

"As you are all aware, rumors have circulated about a group of supposed villains threatening our city and country," the head of the board of directors addressed the gathering.