16

Chan was incredibly upset. He had been in a meeting with Captain Lee, instructor Choi, and the director for an hour, and all he received were excuses.

"The Bluetooth connection was lost, Chan," the director said. "There was no other way to contact you."

"So you just left us to deal with those criminals, helpless and vulnerable!?" Chan's anger flared. "Changbin got shot, for God's sake! You didn't even provide us with any medical equipment. You just assumed Felix could heal him without any help."

"We have personally apologized to both of them," Captain Lee interjected. "We promise this won't happen again."

"There can't be a next time," Chan declared, rising from his seat. "I'm done. We're done. All of us."

He moved to leave but was halted by the director.

"Mr. Bang," the director spoke calmly. "I think you're forgetting that all eight of you have signed the contract."

Chan bit his lip in frustration. He had indeed forgotten about that. There was no way for him to dissolve the contract. He would have to continue in this situation. He slowly sat back down.

"We know how all of you must be feeling -"

"No, you don't!" Chan shouted. "You have no idea what we went through. We almost died!"

"Chan, we will ensure your safety next time," Captain Lee assured him. "And if, for any reason, we fail to do so, we will allow you to leave."

"Really?" Chan asked, clearly unconvinced.

"Yes," the director affirmed. "We will terminate all eight of your contracts. Of course, you won't receive any money."

"We don't care about the money," Chan rose once again. "You better keep your word." He said, walking out of the door. He swore under his breath as he took the elevator to the 20th floor.

When the elevator doors opened to their common room, he was met with six anxious faces. Chan sighed and joined them.

"So?" Minho asked. "What did they say?"

"They said we can't leave," Chan relayed.

"Why?" Hyunjin inquired.

"Because of our exclusive contracts," Chan explained. "We'll have to stay here until those criminals are defeated once and for all."

"What nightmare have we gotten ourselves into?!" Minho exclaimed, running his hands through his hair in frustration.

"But," Chan continued. "They said we could leave if they failed to provide us with protection and equipment next time."

"For God's sake," Seungmin muttered, throwing his head back in exasperation.

"I'm sorry, guys," Chan said, sinking heavily into the couch. "I couldn't do much."