27

Hyunjin had no idea why Felix was keeping to himself today. The only person he'd properly spoken to was Jisung, and they only spoke in hushed whispers, as if plotting something important.

He'd tried to approach Felix multiple times but was gently pushed away or ignored. Hyunjin had discussed the situation with Seungmin, who also felt like the two friends were being distant all of a sudden.

"You think they're up to something?" Seungmin asked. "I haven't seen Felix stay away from you for this long. Ever."

"I'm worried," Hyunjin replied, staring at the way Jisung and Felix were engrossed in conversation, comfortably cuddling on the couch. "If Felix hasn't told me, it has to be pretty serious."

"Don't you think that you might be overthinking this?" Seungmin questioned. "Maybe Felix is just preoccupied with something else. Or... maybe he's finally sick of you."

Hyunjin gave Seungmin a firm glare, but the other just laughed. "I'm kidding, I'm kidding. But really, you should ask him."

"Do me a favor," Hyunjin said, eyes not leaving Felix and Jisung. "And get Jisung away from Lix for me."

"Possessive much?" Seungmin scoffed. "Also, can't you just read Felix's mind?"

"I promised never to read his thoughts without his permission," Hyunjin said softly, as he watched Felix laugh at something Jisung had said. "You know what? Forget it. He'll come to me when he wants to. I... I'll wait."

"You sure?" Seungmin asked, not convinced.

"Yeah..." Hyunjin sighed. "I'll be fine."

"Okay," Seungmin said, giving Hyunjin a pat on the shoulder before leaving to help Jeongin with the dishes.

"Hey," the voice startled Hyunjin. He turned around to find Chan behind him, and his gaze also focused on the two on the couch.

"Hyung."

"Do you know what's up with those two?" Chan asked, eyes not leaving Felix.

"I have no idea," Hyunjin muttered, a bit curious as to why Chan was asking him about this.

"You mean to say," Chan had a light smile on his face, as if amused. "Felix hasn't told you? You? Hwang Hyunjin?"

"And why is that surprising?"

"No reason," Chan coughed. "I just assumed he would've told you. Since you two are so close, you know?"

Hyunjin couldn't tell if it was just him, but he swore he could feel a hint of sarcasm in Chan's voice.

"Well," Chan said, ruffling Hyunjin's hair. "I'm going to go over there and talk to him. Do you want to join us?"

"Uh, no," Hyunjin smiled a bit forcefully. "You go on ahead."

Chan simply smiled as he made his way to the couch. Hyunjin watched as Felix's lips curved into a bright smile upon seeing the older as Chan all but gratefully settled beside Felix, throwing his hand over the other's shoulder.