35

Jisung slumped in his chair, exhaustion dawning upon him. They'd spent an indeterminate amount of time explaining the situation to the instructors and the director in the boardroom. Unfortunately, none of them seemed to grasp the gravity of Felix's abduction.

The carelessness regarding Felix's situation triggered a passionate reaction. Hyunjin, in particular, expressed his frustration vehemently. The atmosphere escalated, with everyone echoing their concerns.

Captain Lee intervened, acknowledging the severity of the situation. "We did try contacting them, but they completely blocked us out," she explained.

"They didn't respond at all?" Seungmin asked.

"No," Captain Lee continued. "They've shut down all communication."

"For fuck's sake," Changbin expressed.

The director pressed for a plan. Silence hung in the air as they grappled with the unknown. Jisung subtly signaled Chan, asking him to excuse themselves, and they left the room.

"We'll get back to you," Chan promised, ushering everyone out of the room.

On the 20th floor, Jisung hurried to his room, asking everyone to wait in the common room. He returned with a small phone. "Here," he said, handing it to Chan. "You can speak to them with this."

"But how?" Chan questioned, inspecting the phone. "How do you even have this?"

"That's not important right now," Jisung replied. "Felix used it to call the villain. The number would still be in the call history. Dial and see, he might pick up."

Chan nodded, dialed the number, and put it on speaker, allowing everyone to listen in.

"Hello?" The robotic voice of the villain echoed. "How'd you get this number? Who is this?"

"It's Jisung," he spoke up. "This is the phone Felix used to call you a few days ago."

"But I asked him to use a burner phone," the villain sighed. "You... you want to speak with him?"

"Yes, please, let us speak with him," Jisung continued.

"Alright, only for a few minutes, though. The call can be traced, and I don't want to risk it."

"Okay, yeah."

"Give me a minute," the villain said, and the others held their breaths in anticipation. A few seconds later, a shaky voice could be heard.

"Hello?" The others could immediately recognize Felix's deep voice.

"Oh, thank goodness," Jisung replied. "You're safe, Felix."

"Jisung... I-" Felix stuttered. "Why did you call? How.... did you use your secret phone? I thought-"

"What do you mean why?" Jisung questioned. "We were worried sick about you! Of course, I had to call you!"