31

Jeongin was incredulous that the day had finally come—their ultimate mission, which held the title of being "final" only if success was achieved. The stakes were high; failure wasn't an option, given the severe consequences.

Nervously tapping his feet within the van, they were en route to their regular rendezvous spot with the villains. This outing could very well be their last.

Seungmin placed a reassuring hand on Jeongin's knee, quelling his nerves. "Stay calm, Innie. Keeping a level head is important, especially today."

"I get that, hyung, but what if we don't make it?" Jeongin's voice quavered with uncertainty.

"In that case, we can consider our trip to Norway a vacation," Seungmin grinned. "Technically, it would be one, though sightseeing might not be on the agenda."

"Are you actually ready to leave?" Jeongin queried, puzzled by Seungmin's seemingly calm demeanor.

"Not entirely," Seungmin sighed softly. "But if it comes to that, I suppose I wouldn't mind as much. Some see it as a problem; I view it as an escape. Does that make sense?"

"I suppose..." Jeongin's response trailed off, and they both sat in silence, awaiting their destination.

"We've arrived," Minho announced from the driver's seat as the van came to a halt.

"Everyone, gather around," Chan instructed, beckoning the team to form a circle around him. "Listen, this mission is absolutely critical. Our primary objective is to capture at least one villain. Just one success will ensure our return. However, our number one priority is safety. Focus on your safety above all else. The mission can wait; ensuring each other's well-being comes first."

A chorus of nods echoed in agreement, acknowledging Chan's words. They delved into discussing strategies, ultimately settling on a plan that centered around isolating a villain and employing Jeongin's protective shield, allowing for a hasty retreat to the van with Jisung transporting everyone, leaving Jeongin and the captive villain as the final passengers.

"It seems like it could work," Seungmin remarked. "But I'll remain with Jeongin and the villain to ensure his safety. You can't predict the actions of a captured villain."

"Agreed," Chan affirmed. "Jeongin, are you ready?"

"Yes, hyung."

"Excellent," Chan's smile reassured. "Let's go, shall we?"

With unanimous nods, they exited the van one by one. Hyunjin shared a last embrace with Felix before joining the others. Chan, however, lingered.

"Felix..." Chan's voice wavered as he struggled to meet Felix's gaze. "Stay safe in here, please."

"Hyung, I—" Felix observed the genuine concern etched across Chan's expression. "I promise I will."

A faint smile curved Chan's lips, his hands seemingly yearning to reach out and clasp Felix's.

Perceptive as ever, Felix caught this nuance, and instead, he took Chan's hand, evoking a surprised gasp from Chan at the touch of their skin.