Chapter 39

"Are you having fun?" Eurus asked her.

Lily sat in her cell in Sherrinford. The white walls around her are bright even without the stark white light filling the room. On the opposite side of the glass, Eurus stood.

They were not on the same side.

"Did you have fun? That's the proper question I guess. Since you not only disappointed me but left me. You'll be here for the rest of your life now." Eurus said.

Lily stared at her. But, the fear couldn't be kept from her rattling thoughts. She was not back in Sherrinford, she and Eurus weren't on the same side anymore perhaps but that's because Lily was free and wasn't angry with being confined anymore.

She was alive, free in London, with a family. But, Eurus wasn't.

Lily looked at her best friend, "Why am I here?"

Eurus smiled dully, "Because your emotions rule your head. Love is a chemical-"

"A chemical defect found on the losing side. Eurus, I know." Lily argued, "But, I don't know if that's true anymore."

Eurus shook her head with a sad look, "You disappoint me Lily Flower. A white rose you are indeed, but how strong is your stem when the east wind blows."

"They are your family, they love you," Lily said.

"No," Eurus smiled, "They left me, but you wouldn't understand that since you are an orphan who we pitied."

Lily glared, "You pitied me? That is pathetic Eurus, you can't hide all your emotions behind cool indifference and insults, you stayed with me because I was the closest you ever could come to being Sherlock's favorite. Your brother's childhood love, who became your best friend by chance."

"You are no best friend of mine anymore, you have done just as Mycroft and Sherlock had, you have chosen anyone but me," Eurus said.

Lily banged her hand against the glass wall, when she had even approached it she didn't know, but her fists rattling the glass seemed to move Eurus back a bit.

"Do not test me. We are flying together Eurus"

"Not anymore we aren't, I am flying above all of you and have yet to land."

Lily watched as Eurus turned to the green door and walked out of her cell, Lily screamed, she was not back. She was not here. She escaped Sherrinford.

She escaped.

She escaped.

She escaped.

She escaped.

Her eyes ripped open and landed on the pale ceiling of the hospital, she almost screamed however thinking it was her cell.

Lily's breaths came out heavy as she looked around.

Mary. Magnussen. A secret. Sherlock and John. Sherrinford. Eurus. Dream.

"You and Sherlock have impeccable timing for waking up."

Lily's eyes snapped to Janine as she stood at the foot of his bed, "Janine."

"Sherlock told me everything. Let me say, I want to be hurt, but I think deep down I knew you would never ever really be friends with me, at least not truly."

"I'm sorry," Lily whispered.

Janine shook her head, "You aren't though, and it's fine. But don't lie to me again."

A silence dropped over the two of them as Lily knew that the 'friendship' between them was over now. Even though Lily found her to be quite annoying and was more than happy to be rid of her, there was a bitter taste coating her tongue at the loss. 

Lily could only watch as Janine looked around Lily's room before smiling to herself, "I made some money off of the two of you though, so I'm happy to get a fresh start out of London."

Lily sagged into the hospital bed and did not say anything. She had lied to Janine, there was every reason for her to be mad. However Lily found she didn't do well when others didn't like her.

There was another moment of silence before she heard Janine breathe and then walk out the door.

It was at that moment Lily let herself drift back into her thoughts. Then her hand reached up and pulled out the chords in her body before she swung herself over the side of the bed, reached for heels, and walked out into the hallway abandoning her bed. 

She wasn't even that hurt either, she assured her body was just exhausted which would match up with the sleepless nights she had in the month Sherlock was away.

"Lily?"

Her eyes turned to John and Greg as they came over to her in a rush. John carefully looked over her from head to toe and then back up again as he frowned, "You are supposed to be resting."

Lily smiled, "I'm not even that hurt. Now, I have to see Sherlock."

She was on her way to trudge past the two men when Greg grabbed her arm, "Good luck finding him since he's not in his room."

Her eyes snapped back to the two men, "What?"

"Sherlock isn't in his room."