Chapter 18

"Sherlock, it's just a speech." Lily groaned.

"It is not just a speech, and - why am I even talking to you, you don't have to make a speech." Sherlock glared at the girl.

Lily had stuffed her head into a pillow just to mute the constant complaint Sherlock had registered. She was suffering at this point and a new question about social life in London peaked in her mind.

Who knew that noise from a dining table, in another room, could be so tremendously loud.

"Do all the best men in weddings whine like a toddler as you do?" Lily asked.

"Lily!"

Then the door of 221B flung open and a very breathless Greg Lestrade came into view. Lily looked up from her position on the couch with wide eyes. Why the bloody hell was Lestrade running?

"What's going on?"Lestrade asked, he was still catching his breath.

Sherlock grumbled under his breath, "This is hard."

"What?"

"Really hard. Hardest thing I've ever had to do." Sherlock ranted.

Lily groaned again, "Oh, bloody hell, Greg, do you have any funny stories about John?"

Lestrade looked at them both with wide eyes, "What?"

Lily frowned, "Funny stories? About John? I only have one, but I'm assuming you have more since you have known him for three years now."

Sherlock looks up from the book he was reading, finally noting Lestrade's wide look. Lily doesn't bother caring.

"Didn't go to any trouble, did you?" Sherlock asked.

Lily looked over to the window as an ambulance, a helicopter, and several police cars arrived on the scene.

"Oh, goodie! He thought you solved a case!" Lily laughed.

-----

Now Lily unfortunately finds herself learning how to dance. Although, Lily had to admit she quite enjoyed dancing, and Sherlock was an excellent partner. Until he started to point out every flaw in her 'technique'.

"No, Lily. You need to look up and let me lead." Sherlock looked down at the girl.

Lily glared up, "I think you need to let me find the rhythm."

"I gave you twenty minutes to do so. Again." Sherlock dismissed, he restarted the music and began to twirl Lily around the small living room.

This time however, Lily focused on Sherlock. Soon, the duo found themselves dancing gracefully.

"You know, I thought you would be a hopeless cause. Which would be rather terrible considering you are a bridesmaid." Sherlock smiled slightly.

"I'm offended you think I'm so unteachable."

"I never said that."

"No," Lily nodded, "However, you did imply it, same difference if you ask me."

Sherlock groaned and Lily tilted her head until her eyes caught a floof of dyed blonde hair over Sherlock's shoulder, then Lily let a sigh escape herself.

 "Shut up, Mrs Hudson." Sherlock commented.

Lily listened as Mrs. Hudson scoffed, "I haven't even said a word." She responded.

Sherlock sighed softly, "You're formulating a question. It's physically painful watching you think."

"You're not watching her though?" Lily whispered.