Chapter 13

Following the days Lily hadn't seen much of John Watson and Mary. Although Lily did miss them she was rather happy getting to explore the area with Mrs. Hudson even if the little old lady did annoy her.

"My dear, you always wear the same white dress. Do you have anything else in that closet of yours?" Mrs. Hudson asked, walking down the sidewalk with Lily.

She turned to the older woman beside her and shook her head, "No, not that I know of."

Mrs. Hudson looked at her for a moment before grabbing her hand softly and smiling at her, "Would you like to go shopping?"

"Shopping?"

"Oh Lily, we are going to fit you a whole closet!"

And so the two women did. Sticking to Lily's preference for dresses and heels Mrs. Hudson took her from shop to shop getting different colors, styles, and textures of dresses. They got a couple pairs of shoes. However, despite Lily's request, she did get two pairs of trousers and a nice blouse. Mrs. Hudson also slipped in some women's clothing as well.

Per Lily's request, they picked up a nice black coat similar to Sherlock's except shorter and a little more elegant.

Coming out of the small spree, Lily wore a nice red dress, red heels, her new black coat over it and a big smile on her face. The two woman each had their hands full of bags and Lily couldn't help but look at Mrs. Hudson differently.

Maybe she wasn't as annoying as Lily previously concluded.

Arriving back to 221B, Lily took the bags from Mrs. Hudson and with difficulty made her way up the stairs. Coming in however, she was met with Sherlock prancing and a very familiar old couple.

"Lily!"

"What?"

Lily had been caught up in Sherlocks surprise before he came in and swept the bags out of the room into hers and back sitting her down across from his parents.

Lily sat for a moment when the door opened again and John stepped in, Lily leaned back, this was turning into an entertaining evening.

"Sherlock?" John asked.

Sherlock looked shocked for a moment, but Lily could see his eyes light up, "John!"

"Are - you busy?" John asked skeptically.

Lily was receiving curious looks from his mother and she was almost scared she had recognized the orphan girl. Meanwhile John was receiving looks from Sherlock's father. Seemed both had no idea Sherlock had made friends.

Sherlock shook his head quickly, "Oh, no, no-no-no, they were just leaving."

"Oh, we were?" His mother asks.

"Yes." Sherlock nods.

Lily looked between the three of them, "Do you have a case?"

"No, not a case, no." Sherlock shook his head. He brought John over to sit beside Lily.

John looked over with a smile, "Hello, Lily."

"Hi, John." She smiled up at him.

Lily's attention was drawn back as a sound rang like someone trying to slam the front door. John got up and walked over to the window, Lily sat staring openly at the scene.

"I can't tell you how glad we are, Sherlock. All that time people thinking the worst of you." Sherlock's mother attempted to whisper. "We're just so pleased it's over."

Sherlock groans and makes another attempt to slam the door.

"Ring up more often, won't you?" His father asks.