Chapter 7

Now Lily watched as the four of them sat in another restaurant. Not as fancy as the first one, not as shabby as the second one. She presumed this was a restaurant families would come to when they didn't want to cook.

John still hadn't let his glare on Sherlock go. Lily wondered if his face would get stuck like that. It seemed possible at this point. Lily's eyes trailed over to Sherlock, he had a napkin up to his lip. John had gotten a good hit on him before Lily finally shook him off of Sherlock.

Her dress had suffered many wrinkles now and Lily was beginning to become tired of the boy's emotional reunion that for some reason ended in violence after every thirty minute segment.

"Seriously, it's not a joke?" Sherlock asked, referring to John's mustache.

"Yeah." John grunted.

"You're sure?" Sherlock pushed.

"Mary likes it."

Sherlock took a long breath before taking the napkin away from his lip and handing it to Lily who disposed of it in the trash can next to her. "No she doesn't."

John gave him another glare, "She does."

"She doesn't." Lily mumbled.

John looked over at her for the first time that night before turning to Mary, the woman beside him, as if asking her for the truth. She gave him a look before spluttering incoherent words out of her mouth trying to sooth John's tensing features.

"Oh!" John exclaimed, "Brilliant."

Mary put her hands up, "I'm sorry. Oh, I'm sorry - I didn't know how to tell you." She tried to reason.

"No, no, this is charming." He looked over at Sherlock angrily, "I've really missed this. And now you've brought a little copart dressed in a little white dress." He threw a hand out to Lily's figure.

Lily was about to open her mouth, but Sherlock put his hand on his shoulder and John looked back over to Sherlock mouthing off again. Lily was becoming very gradually annoyed.

"One word, Sherlock. That is all I would have needed. One word to let me know that you were alive." John said.

Lily looked at him. Repeating words was something that annoyed Lily. She thought of Eurus at that moment, it annoyed her as well. What was Eurus doing at that moment?

Sherlock was looking down at his feet, he had a habit of doing that when he was talking to John. At least that was what Lily assumed, seeing as his neck might as well have been stuck in that position.

"I've nearly been in contact so many times, but.." John cut him off with a disbelieving laugh. Sherlock carried on though, "I worried that, you know, you would say something indiscreet."

"What?"

Sherlock shrugged his shoulders, "Well, you know, let the cat out of the bag."

"Oh, so this is my fault?" John asked disbelievingly. Even Mary gave a short laugh "Oh, God!"

John was now shouting aggressively. Lily put her hands over her ears, she did not like loud noises. "Why am I the only one who thinks this wrong - the only one reacting like a human being?"

"Over-reacting." Sherlock corrected.

"Overreacting?" John yelled.

"John." Lily grumbled. But she was ignored, because John Watson was full on yelling now.

Lily was slowly crouching down the wall with her hands over her ears. She was reminded of the blaring noise when Sherrinford had drills. The walls in her cell used to echo the noise expanding the sound. She did not like those days.