Chapter 30

Lily had forced herself to keep awake at this point. Sherlock had drunkenly dragged the Bakerstreet Trio across London with this late-night client to an apartment that she argued against coming to the whole time.

"We should be sleeping." Lily groaned.

Sherlock tugged her wrists harder, "Why have a client, we must help our client."

Lily halted her steps and pulled Sherlock to face her, "Do you even remember what you do because, at this point in time, I don't."

Sherlock peered at her for a moment before looking around as if trying to think. What did he do? He knew what he did, but what was it?

"I am-" He started, "I am internationally famous."

Lily rolled her eyes, "Bloody hell."

So onward the trio traveled to this woman's apartment which Lily ignored as she stumbled over the couch and collapsed. Her legs had given way, her back was clearly not moving, and her eyes failed her. There she would remain asleep until Sherlock tumbled with her out of the apartment.

-----

 The next morning, Lily was the last to be woken up. And she was very glad she was because it felt like a nightmare. Stone walls, and a bared gate kept her in. This was Sherrinford, she had been brought back, and she was in the cell where the lesser criminals stayed.

"Sherlock..." Lily whispered.

"Lily, you're awake."

Lily sat up fast, it was Greg Lestrade, why was he at Sherrinford?

"Greg? Why - why are you here?" Lily asked.

Greg looked at her with a confused look, "Because this is the jail? I work with the police force, you are at Scotland Yard."

Lily let that register for a moment before everything crashed down around her. She was not at Sherrinford, Sherlock was still here, and Eurus was still depending on her to bring Sherlock home.

She got up from her bed and quickly walked to the cell door which Greg Lestrade had opened up when she started walking down the halls looking for Sherlock and John.

"Where are the boys?"

"Over there."

Lily wished she had never asked. Sherlock and John were both tiredly slumped against the wall with heads hanging in shame and exhaustion. Lily looked down at herself and fixed her dress and hair as best she could before dragging them out, hailing a taxi, and pushing them back to 221B where she then ignored them for half a day. 

"Lily, you know you can't ignore those two for the whole day," Mary spoke.

Sherlock had pestered her beyond her patience level and so Lily made the executive decision to leave and hide herself away with Mary.

"I can." Lily argued, "If Sherlock wants to bug me after pulling me about London last night drunk to where I can't remember what happened then yes, I can ignore them for the whole day."

Mary shook her head with a smile but watched as Lily continued to ramble on about Sherlock and his "Annoying and frustrating presence". Even if Mary knew she didn't mean it, it was still amusing.

"Mary, I'm home!"

Lily frowned as she heard John walk in behind her expecting Sherlock to be not so far behind.

"Oh, where is Sherlock?" Mary asked.

Lily turned around to search behind John. Sherlock was indeed not there.

"Lily, good to see you dear, are you still hiding from him?" John asked as he came over and gave his beloved a kiss.

Lily gave an exasperated sigh and nodded, "I am. But, I can only be so clever about this. He knows where I am by now and has called a cab to come get me and then walk home. So, I shall take my leave."

Mary gave her a small leave and watched as Lily walked over to the front door in her light green dress and black heels. She pulled on her matching black coat and pulled her flowing red hair over the back then opened the door to a Sherlock almost ready to knock on the door.

"Good evening, Mary and John!" Lily called back before stepping around Sherlock and shutting the door behind her.

Sherlock looked down at her with a frown, he had not been happy with her apparent ignoring. His hair was ruffled and bags were displayed under his eyes. He was always so emotional.

"Are you going to ignore me now as well?" Sherlock asked nervously.

Lily shook her head, "No, but I hope you don't drag me across London drunk again."

Sherlock let himself show a very small smile and wrapped his arms around Lily bringing her in and dipping his head into her neck. Lily was shocked at the movement but melted quickly letting her body fall into his while letting him hold tighter onto her as if she would ghost him again.

"Don't ignore me again please, Love," Sherlock whispered.

Lily felt her body heat and her face flush, "Of course not, My dear."

"Let's go home now," Sherlock said.

"Okay."

With his arm wrapped around her waist tightly, he dragged her back to 221B Baker Street and didn't leave her side until he begrudgingly let her go to bed.