Chapter 27

In 221B, Lily and Sherlock are sitting in the living room. She reads Real Love, Harsh Commitment. One she had become rather fond of. Sherlock had been blindly telling Lily about his idea for the stag party he was planning for John.

"Murder scenes?" Lily questions. "Locations of..murders.." Her voice drew on as she finished another chapter.

Sherlock nodded from his chair, "Mmm, pub crawl-themed."

Lily put her book down, "Mm, yes "themed" whatever that is. Why can't you just take him along the trains under London? Those are so much fun."

"Lily-" Sherlock frowned, "We have gone over this."

"We." Lily responded, "Have not gone over anything. You have made sarcastic comments and insulted my intelligence."

"I have not insulted your intelligence."

Lily nodded her head, "Yes you have."

"Lily. You are the most intelligent woman I know, and I wouldn't insult your intelligence when it exceeds mine." Sherlock said shortly, "And besides, that lacks the personal touch. We're going for a drink in every street we-"

"Every street where you found a corpse! Delightful! Oh, that would be fun, but why are you telling me?" Lily asked.

 Her face was still red. She could feel her palms sweat slightly and her breath catch but she hid it well. Sherlock's face deadpanned at her question.

"Don't want to get ill. That would ruin it - spoil the mood." Sherlock respond

Lily looked over at Sherlock, "You told me you were a graduate chemist. Can't you just work whatever it is you need to work out yourself?"

"I lack experience."

Lily snorted, "And you think I drink any more than you do?"

Sherlock turned his head toward the window, "I was told you've been in some rather interesting places with Mary."

Lily slammed her book down, "Are you insisting that I am irresponsible with my alcohol?"

"No. No!" Sherlock stammered, "You look...well you always look, well."

"You mean that?" Lily asked after a moment. She had given up on trying to hide anything, it was the first in a long time she had heard Sherlock call her pretty.

"Sherlock, do you like it?" A younger Lily spoke.

She was making flower crowns with him in the small little valley of flowers in between Sherlock's home and the orphanage. Daisy, Rose, Lily, repeat.

Sherlock watched in interest as Lily's fingers danced around the stems and grass that weaved its way into this "crown" that Lily had described as such. Once it was finished she set it neatly upon her head.

There was rarely any beauty in this world that Sherlock had ever seen. But, here came Lily Remmerison and her beauty. Sherlock wanted to compliment her, to tell her how beautiful she was. He didn't want to use beautiful though. That word was overused.

"You look well."

Lily felt her face flush. She smiled to herself, "I am."

Sherlock watched her for a moment with a curious eye. He didn't know why he felt so calm around her, how he felt like he had to prove himself. Lily was the most interesting thing after John happened to him. However, it wasn't the fatherly figure John became Sherlock wanted to be. It was family, but not in a platonic sense.

"Do you have a...caller," Sherlock asked nervously.

Lily looked over at him, "A caller? Have you been reading my book? You know what a caller is-"

"Yes, Lily, I know the terms in which that word is used. Now, please answer the question." Sherlock grumbled.

Lily looked at him. She thought about the childhood he had forgotten. How they had fallen in love as children and now in her eyes were on the way to falling in love again, "I did. A long time ago."

Sherlock nodded, "But now?"

"Now, no." Lily shook her head, "No, not anymore."

"Okay." Sherlock nodded. He nods his head for a moment before throwing a file over to Lily, "I want you to calculate John's ideal intake, and mine, to remain in the sweet spot the whole evening."

"Why haven't you asked Molly to do this, she is so much more effective than me." Lily sighed.

Sherlock looked at her, "You don't even like Molly."

"No, I don't. But, she knows how to work this rubbish." Lily frowned.

Sherlock nodded his head. Then he looked over at Lily, then back to his hands. This became a repetitive motion until Lily had finally had enough and with an exasperated sigh locked eye contact with Sherlock and frowned, "What, do you want?"

"Whatever do you mean?"

"Do not play dumb with me, Sherlock. You have a repetitive motion of looking at me and then looking at your hands in the same motion as if you wish to do something stupid." Lily huffed.

Sherlock glared at her, "I never do things that are stupid."

"When you decide to shoot the wall for fun and giggles, that is stupid."

"Okay - never mind - you are coming with us," Sherlock said.

Lily looked at him, "Pardon?"

"You are coming with us on the Stag night, no questions, you will be there," Sherlock repeated.

Lily looked at him for a moment before nodding her head, "Okay."