Chapter 25 WHAT IF!!!!!!!!!

Only the beginning of the chapter it came to me in the shower and I rushed out to get it down before I forgot it.  I'll finish it off later.   HAPPY NEW YEAR PEOPLES.  HOPE IT'S GOING TO BE A GREAT ONE FOR YOU.

If I had known yesterday morning how the day would end, would I have changed anything? One thing I know for certain is that even though this was my second life, and I should know better how things work, I still can't manage to navigate it safely. My timeline must look like Jeremy Bearimy with red what-if flags everywhere highlighting my mistakes.

Like..... what if I didn't drink so much that I relaxed and started talking to the Crown Prince as if he were Adam or Lady Jiah? Or what if he didn't do the same, let down his guard and talk to me like an equal with no rank or powerplay between us? 

WHAT IF, I didn't insist he come with me for my evening stroll and he agreed?  AND, what if, I didn't run like a madman when I heard Bruce honking and the wild beating of his wings to find a fox had gotten into his pen? 

AND!!! What if, a moment of clarity had stopped me from trying to separate the two, saving me from getting bitten on the hand by the fox?

But most of all, what if, I had controlled myself when I got that nice squishy feeling looking at the Crown Prince when he insisted on personally washing the dirty off a couple of small nasty-looking puncture marks? He looked so normal, just a man being kind and gentle. 

Fuck...and what if I didn't lean over a give him a chaste kiss on the cheek to say thank you.  ERIN WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?

So many what-ifs.

The biggest of them all is, what if I wasn't a man...but I am.