Chapter 15 - Oops I did it again.

There's a spring in my step and I am....happy. Even my body feels lighter. The conversation with Lady Jiah was productive and I think I've gained a partner in crime. Perhaps I can make this work after all. I speed up. I want to get the meet and greet with Crown Prince Yi over with.

I can hear Lady Chun shuffling behind me trying to keep up. She must be terrified I'll behave badly again, and she has good reason to worry. However, I will play nice considering I'm on a high and I want to keep feeling this way. The Prince better not try raining on my parade.

Turning the corner I notice that the entrance doors to the building are open, they line up with the doors to the main hall. I get my first glimpse of the front of the palace.  I didn't picture it slopping downhill so that the rooftops of the village houses peeked over the palace walls. The garden is mostly as I imagined. There are several trees, all bare now but they will be beautiful in Spring; and rockeries with paths weaving around them. They weren't on the map and must have been later additions. I'm pushed forward by an impatient Lady Chun, and as pleasant as the view is I have no time to enjoy it. I turn and stand at the doors of the main hall.

Straightening my clothes, I notice that the hem of my robe is covered in dust from my morning in the courtyard. Perhaps I should have changed clothes as Lady Chun suggested. I also realise I'm still holding the handscroll. It's small enough to tuck into my sleeve, and it disappears out of sight.

Standing at the entrance one of the servants announces my arrival. The doors open. I take the chance to look at the room properly while I wait for permission to enter. It's a grand room diminished only by my godmother's kowtowing. The sight of them groveling, with their heads pressed to the floor disgusts me. Suck it up...I repeat my mantra.

Crown Prince Yi doesn't speak. He is keeping me waiting on purpose, staring me down from his raised chair at the other end of the room. If he wants a staring competition I'm more than happy to oblige. By Kdrama standards he is the archetypal male lead, with long black hair pulled back in a half ponytail, a long face, a sharp straight nose, and a square chin.  His large almond eyes and straight dark eyebrows complete the look of an arrogant alpha male.  The old Erin would have drooled over him, but the new improved Min/Erin combo wants to slap the smirk off his face.

 I feel a hard tug on my sleeve.

"Bow your head." Lady Chun whispers fiercely.

I get the feeling if I don't, we could be standing here for a while.  Reluctantly, I place my hands together over my waist and bow deeply. A moment later the Crown Prince waves a hand and one of his men calls out "ENTER".

Lady  Chun steps into the room and instantly drops to her knees.  I walk in with my eyes down and stop a few feet away from the Prince.  I can feel his cold eyes on me, as sharp and painful as the cold breeze that cut through me in the courtyard.  I bow again, lower this time as I call him every swear word I know under my breath.  I refuse to kneel.

"Greetings Your Highness. I hope you are in good health." See I can play nice. 

"We are honoured that you are visiting us again so soon. I gather you have some news which you wish to share with us." I keep my voice polite and try to speak more like Min than Erin for the sake of keeping the peace.

Crown Prince Yi remains silent for a long while.  "Raise your head, I want to look at you." His tone sends me on high alert.  I'm surprised at the break from the normal strict conventions but I do as he says.  I meet his gaze without a problem.  The Prince will be disappointed if he expects me to shy away.

"I never got to express my happiness at your recovery. OR surprise at your appearance when I was last here."  He cocked an eyebrow.  When he said that, I hoped he was talking about the weight loss and not the fact that his first sight of me was standing naked in the middle of my room.  I can feel my cheeks turning red.