Ann:
😑

Joe:
Are you okay?

Ann:
Fine, just feeling tired

Joe:
K 🙂

Do you need anything?

Ann:
I'm alright 😉

Joe:
Have some rest. I'll call you in the morning

And next time CHECK YOUR PHONE

Ann:
Okay, MOM 😛

She drank her water and sank under the covers, drifting off to sleep. She was woken up to her phone calling. She growled, picking it up and looking at it with only one eye open. It was a FaceTime from Joe. She sighed and answered, closing her eyes again and sinking into the pillow.

"Hey." He said.

"Mhm." She answered, but didn't bother to open her eyes.

"Did I wake you?" He chuckled.

She opened her eyes slightly and frowned. "Yes."

"I'm going out to grab a coffee, wanna join me? Like old times?" He smiled.

"And what about Sophie?"

"She has a meeting."

"I don't know, Joe..." Ann sighed sitting up on her bed.

"Come on. There's something I want to show you anyway."

"Fine, just give me... like ten more minutes." She said, rubbing her eyes.

"You have five." He smiled, hanging up.

Just like he said, there was a knock on the door after five minutes. She was just finishing up putting some light makeup on. She opened the door for him and walked back to the bathroom.

"I'm almost finished." She said while applying a mascara.

"Okay." He said, sitting down on her bed. "How are you feeling today?"

"A bit nauseous, actually." She walked back to the room. "I'm so tired of it. I hope it will get away soon."

"Your mom said she was nauseous the whole pregnancy with you."

"Yeah, thanks for that." She frowned at him. "You always know how to make me feel better."

He started laughing as Ann punched him in the head. She grabbed her bag and they walked out of the hotel. There was a car waiting for them with an unfamiliar driver, who opened the door for them.

"Do you have a driver in every city?" Ann rolled her eyes.

"Not every. But a few." He chuckled.

"You can't drive?"

"I can, Ann." He laughed. "It's just a lot safer to travel like this."

"Right." She said, looking out of the window.

They arrived at what looked like a cute, little cafe. They went out of the car and it immediately drove off. She followed Joe inside, looking around, hoping there won't be any paparazzi.

They entered the cafe and she looked around it. It was small, but beautifully designed. There were bookcases spread around the walls and a bunch of sofas and chairs. Not many people were in there, most of them lost in books anyway.

"Hey, Joe!" Waved the lady behind the counter. So he must be a regular.

"Hey, nice to see you." He smiled at her.