The Night before Christmas and all through the house... One Direction one shot

''Just open the door already Niall! Unlock it Fuck!'' Liam ordered quite impatiently

''Yeah, it's cold out here.'' Harry added.

Niall wiggled the door knob and spun around

''I need the key to open the door who has it?''

''Oh yeah my bad.'' Louis mumbled. Shoving his hand into his pocket. We all turned towards Louis and gave him a dirty look. He pushed past Liam and Niall jamming the key into our one bedroom apartment.

''Next time, I don't wanna carry the tree.'' Liam vocalized as he placed it in the corner

''Oh really? THAT'S your complaint about a heavy scraggly tree? Our douchey record label bailed on us , were unemployed and we all live in this shit hole!'' Louis voiced out with much anger.

Louis isn't wrong I mean the label promised us a fully furnished six bedroom eight bathroom house in Nashville Tennessee and we aren't even in Nashville we are in the literal country outskirts in Tenses. To make it worse Nashville is full of country music. Everyone wants country music NOT pop. I'm trying to pull a smart part. I have an interview on the 26th for a waitress to get some income. Stripping would bring in loads of cash but I wanna keep my dignity intact and if the boys found out World War III would occur. Plus it wouldn't sound too good if the media found out five pop stars living with one porn star. Really is shit all the way around.

I tried to give Louis a hug but he didn't seem to reciprocate I mean I'd be beyond pissed if my rockstar career was suddenly pulled out from under me.

''I'm going to bed.'' Zayn stated.

''Me too.'' Niall chirped in quite monotone.

I saw a couple of the boys saunter off to the bathroom to wash up for bed. It's the only place in the whole ''apartment'' yes this shack is legally called an apartment gosh the nerve. Zayn, Liam and Louis were in their sleeping bags wearing their winter coats because you guessed it there is no heating system here. Harry and Niall came out of the bathroom. I heard Niall mutter something along the lines of ''Worst Christmas Eve ever.'' As they slid into their sleeping bags. I stood in front of our twiggy tree, it reminded me of the one from Charlie Brown Christmas.

I placed my sleeping bag near the boys. We had to clump together every night for body heat. I lied my head on Niall.

''I know this sucks, like really sucks but I mean I have that interview and maybe I can ask to bartend so I can get more money.''

Silence followers from what I just said.

''Let's just get through the night.'' Harry sighed.

''It is like Bethlehem times you know, they wanted the Inn but they got the manger with the animals instead.'' Niall said.

''We got Jesus out of it so that worked out.'' Liam responded.

''True, very very true.'' I said.

''Is Zayn asleep?'' Niall questioned.

''I'm up.'' He quietly said

''Can we bring our sleeping bags together a bit more?'' I inquired. My wish was granted.

''It is a crappy time but at least we are all together and I mean it's rare we can all cuddle together.'' I added.

''Hate sleeping with all of you guys.'' Zayn replied quite bluntly. We all erupted with laughter after he said that. I mean who could blame him going from each having our own rooms to everyone sleeping on cold dusty wooden floors.

''I mean this is a really special birthday huh Louis?'' Harry teased. Thankfully Louis found the humor in what Harry said.

''Right now I'd be getting drunk with my family.'' Niall said.

''I second.'' Louis added.

''I third.'' Harry added

''I fourth.'' Zayn chirped.

Liam and I just looked at each other and rolled our eyes.

''I'd probably finish having dinner with my family, eat some Christmas cookies and watch a Christmas movie.'' Liam responded.

''Nice, whats your guys favorite Christmas movie?''

I heard Elf in unison.

''Come on it's a nice movie yes but it's so overplayed I mean it's basically a grown elf man with daddy issues!'' I firmly stated.

Louis shot back, ''Oh and your favorite is a reindeer who is having an identity crisis?''

I couldn't help but giggle, he had a point.

For the rest of the night the boys started to sing some Christmas songs. It felt nice having their voices fill the cold drafty room. It was nice knowing we were all in it together and going through the same pain, the universal pain of having or not having our family with us. But the rest of the night just felt so intimate as we told each other of how we would spend the holidays growing up. It was as if we made some new memories just laying there on that frozen floor. It probably wasn't an ideal Christmas to any of us but we had each other , we were safe and had a silly little tree to look at. And that's an experience some Nashville mansion can't buy.