Louis One shot: Three Letter Words

I was at the table teaching my youngest child 6 year old Milo.

''Let's do our three letter words ok Milo then you can go outside and play ok?''

Milo nodded but I could tell he wasn't happy.

I showed her a flashcard.

CAT

''SS aa t? Sat mommy?''

''Sound it out a bit more hon its cuh.''

''Cuh- cuh at? Cat mommy!!!''

''You gotr that one good job!''

I showed him box

''Boh k?''

''Milo what's on your feet?''

''Socks.''

''Now put a b in front of it.''

''Box! I get it now.''

I smiled at my child I'm so glad Louis and I have him and our eldest child Luke who is 9.

Louis was in the kitchen with Luke just finishing up the dishes.

''Luke, you can go play right now but you're going to get ready for bed soon okay?'' He nodded and strode out of the kitchen.

I started to put the cards away ''Mommy! I found a three letter word on the calnedar.''

''Oh really.'' I said getting up Milo following me.

''Mommy see it even has a winky face!!!''

That's when all the color started to leave my face.

''What's sex?'' Luke asked

As soon as Louis got an earshot he sprinted out of his chair

''Ok so sex is when you and.....''

I shot Louis a deadly look.

''Its a very fun dance.'' He said wiggling his eyebrows

I played along ''Yeah its a pretty cool dance.''

Sweet that should save it and put an end to it.

''I wanna do it , I wanna do it!!!' My kids insisted.

SHIT.

''Nope, its only for adults.'' I said sternly

''Daddy, is mommy lying?'

''No we are not.'' He said doing his worst to stifle his laughter.

''In all honestly its serous business' for adults only and you can get sick from it .''

''Like the flu?'' Milo asked

''Eh well I mean..''

Louis finished me off ''We'll time to go to bed .'' He said clapping his hands

''We didn't even get to play!'' The boys whined

I really wanted to say yeah I am fully aware but your dad and I want to play.

''Oh well, there is always tomorrow and we will learn other three letter words tomorrow ?'' I said

''Is fuck a 3 letter word?'' My mouth dropped 

''No Milo that's a 5 letter word.''' Luke responded

''Bed now boys!!'' I said a bit irritated scooting them to bed

I sighed as they went down the hall

''Louis babe you cant say that around them?''

''How do you know they learned it from me.''

I gave him a blank stare

''Ok yeah, it is my bad I'm sorry.''

At least one of my kids can count how many letters are in a word.

''That was such a close call thought we could touch on that another time.'' I said rubbing my neck.

Louis pulled me into a hug and started to finger brush my hair. I felt Louis pull down my dress zipper.

''Hey, hey bedroom please Louis.'' I snickered 

I was caressing his neck and he started to pull down my dress until he suddenly stopped. I felt a tug on my dress. Louis started quickly pulling the straps up my shoulders.

''Mommy''. My eyes almost fell out of my face.

I looked down it was Milo.

''Mommy, I have a question, but you could get sick, how are you not going to get sick?''

My irritation grew into a small smile of his innocence.

''No I promise I wont get sick my love, I'm your mother I'm responsible okay?''

Louis and I tucked out child back into his bed and said goodnight, I bent down to give him a kiss, Louis was by the lamp about to turn it out

''Have a fun dance okay.'' Milo said as he bent down to hug me.

I pursed my lips in a nod , I had no words , Louis shut off that lamp quicker than I could say Tommo Top Dollar. As soon as we were a good distance away from the kids rooms I couldn't coantai it anymore I started cackling with laughter, so did Louis  we laughed and laughed till our stomach hurt and tears dripped down our cheeks. The roaring of laughter was done ''Maybe we should not write it anymore on the calnder anymore .''

I nodded at him 

''Yeah, maybe, just maybe.'' As we continued chuckling at the shit show we tried to avoid.