Trick or Treat- One Direction One Shot

I just got back from getting groceries I was putting the food away when I relized all of their cars are here but none of them are , I decided to go look for them because calling or texting is boring. I checked Zayn, Liam and Niall's room downstairs completely vacant. I ran back upstairs for this unofficial game of hide and seek looked inside Louis's door and Harry's surprise , surprise no boy in sight. They arent in the pantry and they arent in their rooms where could they be. I decided to go give a try and look in the garage, I was nearing the garage door when I heard lots of muffled giggling. I put my hand on the knob when I was just about to open it I heard everything go silent and I was unable to open the door.

I sighed and saying an audible ''UGH fine you are so immature.'' I started walking away this was an obvious trick the giggling would start up again and the door would open easy peasy. I walked up stairs to buy time I knew whatever they were up to was up to no good . I decided it was now time to go downstairs but before I walked down I took my shoes off to eliminate the sound of my footsteps and I tip toed back to the garage door, the giggling most definitely laughing I think I was expecting the worst. I swung the door open and the 2 of the boys looked very guilty and 3 were smiling as big as ever, my jaw is on the floor as I saw a small dog on the garage floor .

''Guys... what? When the hell did you get this dog under an hour ?''

''I know people Louis said smiling holding a small dachshund mixed mutt

I sat down dumbfounded ''But a damn animal I love animals but...'' Niall shoved me the black mixed weenier.

''See isnt this a great little surprise since its Halloween time ya know a little trick.'' I loosened up at what Harry just said he kinda has a point as I got handed the dog he was kinda energetic ''Whats his name?'' I asked

''You can name him?'' Louis said

''You know what I really like the name Pepsi, thats what i see littered around here damn Pepsi cans.''

''Pepsi.'' It is Liam validated.

''You know what lets dress him up in costumes ?'' Harry suggested , I almost died right then and there.

''We have a butterfly and a little cowboy one.''

''Oh my gosh, OH MY GOSH lets do butterfly!'' I was bursting with joy , but Pepsi not so much he was not so thrilled on the butterfly.

''Oh boys isnt that precious .''

Liam handed me a ball

'Pepsi! Pepsi come here .'' I commanded as I rolled a ball to him. Damn he just walked in the opposite direction of me, the dog ended up going straight into Harry's lap

''He was running around here a lot the first while so thats why hes kinda not cooperating.'' Louis said

Liam gave Harry the cowboy outfit for Pepsi to put on , Pepsi tolerated that costume much better.

''You know what how about we all take a picture right now.'' Zayn said

Non verbally we all agreed to partake in a group picture this time Louis holding the dog, Pepsi licking him, he set up the timer and got the picture. Harry handed me Pepsi as much as I did want to hold the cute dog I thought it would be considerate if one of the other boys wanted to hold him but they all insisted I hold him.

''So uhh we kinda have something to tell you?'' Niall said

''Yeah?'' I asked semi engaged as I was petting the dog

''You know how we were laughing our asses off and wouldnt let you in?' Louis started

''Fully aware.''

''Well, um and you know how you said I'm so happy for Halloween to come up?'' I nodded again.

''We kinda tricked you the dog isnt ours its a friend of ours that needed us to watch him for a couple of hours , so thats also why he wasnt responding when you were calling out Pepsi his name is Thunder.'' Louis said

''Oh wow , that is a trick.'' I replied pretty forlorn

Niall came over and gave me a hug ''We didnt want to make you upset, you can visit the dog anytime the owner is cool with it.'' I nodded

I mean it wasnt logical for us to take care of a dog as the boys and I are always on the road and very very busy so the dog wouldnt get the love and affection it needs.

''Yeah that was a trick alright, but not a happy one.''

''The dog's owner is about to be here.'' Liam said I nodded solemnly.

We all then went back inside ''We also have a treat for you.'' Louis added putting his hand on my shoulder

''What, a 60 hour nap?''

''Nope , its an ice cream sandwich.'' I couldnt feel quite as sad anymore I mean its an ice cream sandwich what a gourmet delicacy.''

I did a long exhale ''Yes I think I'm okay with that treat, no more tricks just treats?''

'Yep!'' I heard from four voices, I turned around ''Louis, please?''

''Alright just for you.''