chapter 53.5: Taehyungs ending

Start from the beginning

When he pulled away, he smiled. However, his calm mood didn't last long. 

"I hate traveling!" He whined, pulling Minji out of her seat and pulling her close. 

"It was so long and so painful talking to all those wannabes. I wish I was here. I've heard that the classes are going well. At this rate, we can get married in the next couple of weeks."

Minji sighed but knew better than to do nothing but nod. 

"I brought you something," 

Minji looked up at Taehyung, waiting for him to tell her what he had brought. Gifts weren't uncommon from him but she had oddly enjoyed receiving them every time. 

He reached into his pants pocket pulled out a cloth bag and handed it to her. 

Minji was utterly surprised to pull out crystals. 

"What?"

Taehyung grinned at her expression. 

"The kingdom I went to is known for its mineral. I can have a jeweler make some of these into jewelry if you wish. Or we can leave them as they are. I think I remember Namjoon saying something about witches and minerals,"

Minji chose to ignore the comment about Namjoon since any time she brought him up, Taehyung freaked out and accused her of loving Namjoon. Since the first time it happened, it seemed like Taehyung only brought him up to test Minji. 

"Thank you, truly..." Minji looked up at Taehyung with a smile. 

Taehyung looked at her expectedly. Waiting for her to show her thanks. 

She silently sighed pushed herself up by her tippytoes and kissed him. 

He smiled when she pulled away, rubbing her shoulders.

"Has Mother been good to you since I've been gone?"

Taehyung had led her to the library couch, sitting as close to her as possible. 

"We haven't talked since you left," Minji felt like there was no reason to lie. 

"Hm, as much as I'm sure you do not wish to, you two need to be on good terms."

"It's not like I'm hateful towards her. We just mutually agreed to ignore each other." 

"That's not what I wanted for my wife and my mother."

"Taehyung, she doesn't like me now, then there wouldn't be a time she would ever like me. I think it best to accept that we will never get along,"

Tae Hyung sighed and nodded. 

Minji wondered if his trip had him mature. 

"She will like you. You will like her. all due time. Right now it is hard for her that her youngest son is getting married and the one receiving the crown. you also don't have the background that she wished you had,"

"Even if all of that wasn't the case... I'm a witch and always will be.its her father that ordered laws against creatures... she has the same mindset and im surpised you dont."

"Oh, i do!"

Minji looked at him horrified. 

"The only creature i will have in my heart are you and our children. Any other creature can die or burn in hell. All that matters is you and what you bring into this world."

Minji gulped. 

"Mother wont be alive for much longer. Her health is declining so her opinion doesnt really matter in the long run anyway," Taehyung smiled, rubbing his thumb over her hand. 

"Once we are married, its said she wont have long. At that point, no need to worry. And if her health doesnt take her, then i will kill her. I wont have my wife be disrespected or worried in her own home like this. Until then, be civil. Unless its truly unbearable then i will handle it sooner than planned,"

Taehyung kissed her forehead. 

"Has your tutor been good?" 

"Taehyung, you cannot say what you just did and then pretend you didnt at all! thats horrible!"

Taehyung sighed and rolled his eyes. 

"Im only doing what it best for us. If you cant be apprecaitve about it then ill let her torment us and make our and our childrens lifes living hell!" 

"Stop it! Knowing that..." she thought for a moment before continuing her words. "Knowing that my husband and the father of my children killed his mother, i dont know if i would trust you!" 

Something seemed to click in his head. 

"im not saying i would kill her right away! you can trust me! im just saying that her health isnt the best! itll be a natural age thing! Im going to be the best husband and trusting father anyone could be! no need to be scared!" taehyung scoffed. 

Minji looked at him, worried about him and his words. 

"You promise?"

"Of course! no need to worry darling!" He sighed and leaned into minjis personal space. 

"I hope you know that ill take care of you no matter what. no one will be in the way of my love."

"I believe you..."

Taehyung smiled and nodded. 

"What do you think of a dark blue color scheme for our wedding? we could match."