chapter 31

︿︿،، ♡ ⏧·₊̣̇. "

"Wow the yard is so much bigger from back here..." jungkook muttered. He made his way to the large pond where Jimin seemed to be messing with a baby duck.

"Jimin!" Jungkook called out. Jimin looked up with a raised eyebrow. "Is everything okay?"

"So far. I have something to ask you. But first," jimin took his bag and put it on the grass. Jungkook watched curiously. "Finally, that thing was getting heavy. Anyway..." jimin sighed and looked up at jungkook who was just staring at him.

Jimin rolled his eyes before saying," there is-"

"Is everything okay with yoongi and minji?" Jungkook said, cutting off jimin.

Jimin scoffed. "Sit down before I drown you. They are fine so far I assume. Minji might be stupid but she's not that stupid."

Jungkook was a little taken back but sat down on the grass anyway.

"You're the only person I know who I know to ask cause you're a nerd," jimin rolled his shoulders back, thinking of a way to word his question.

"Mating-"

Jungkook choked back a cough.

"Shut up. I know you haven't mated yet cause you're a little nerdy boy but this is important. If two creatures have mated, what does that mean for the child?"

Jungkook looked at jimin and tilted his head. "You mean like... what creature the child would be?" Jimin nodded.

"Ah well, it would be half of both creatures!" Jungkook smiled.

"Okay... say... an elf and a fairy. What would that be like?" Jimin asked. Jungkook thought for a moment.

"Well, physical appearance, maybe more elf-like, and then half of the powers an elf has and then half the powers of the fairy," jungkook explains. He was curious on why jimin was even asking this. Was it really that important?

"What about humans and creatures?"

Jungkook hummed. "The child would be a creature. The human genes aren't as strong as the creatures. Meaning the child would be a full blood creature..."

"I see... what about witches? What would happen if they mated with another creature?" Jimin asked with narrow eyes.

"Hm... I'm not sure. Witches aren't around much anymore so... there's not much reported. But if I had to guess... it would be a half creature that would be able to do witchcraft to an extent," jungkook explained. He felt rather flustered. Why did he think of Minji and him mating together?

"What about mermaids?" Jimin asked carefully.

Jungkooks eyes widened. "Mermaids...?"
Jimin nodded.

"Well... Mermaids. How do I say this? There isn't much reported on mermaids for a couple of reasons," jungkook slowly says. Jungkook had to be careful how he worded things around jimin. Jimin was unpredictable, he could do anything in a blink of an eye if he was angered. Once Jungkook saw that jimin was calm, weirdly, and truly listening, he continued.

"Mermaids have a total opposite anatomy to everyone else... the mating process, I assume, is different from everyone else's process."

"I know that. Continue." Jimin demanded.

"Since there is opposite anatomy, it would be hard to mate with other creatures."

Jimin was quiet for a moment before hoisting himself onto the grass beside jungkook. "Wait, so not everyone-" jimin was pushed into the water before he could continue.