chapter 35

︿︿،، ♡ ⏧·₊̣̇. "

"No one offered me shoes..." minji muttered, looking at her dirty feet. When she was outside, she must have collected the dirt and such.

Namjoon sighed as he gently picked up Minjis leg by her ankle and flung her leg off the table.

Minji glared up at namjoon who shook his head slightly.

"Minji!" Taehyung whispered shouted, minji turned to him with raised eyebrows.

"What?"

"What? That's all you have to say? Look what you did!" Taehyung pointed at his mother.

She was fanning herself, maids rushing over to her to help her calm down.

"You said it was fine. She was okay with it. So I told her," minji shrugged and picked up her glass of wine, drinking the whole thing at once.

Namjoons jaw dropped and Taehyung was fuming, face red. Almost as red as his mother's.

"AND YOU'RE TRYING TO MARRY MY SON?!" The queen suddenly screams, making everyone look at her.

"Actually miss, he's trying to marry me," minji stated.

The queen gasped, fanning herself again.

"Thank you mother for dinner, but we must be going!" Taehyung said with a fake smile,  he rushed to get up and grab minji by her arms. Namjoon followed them closely out the doors.

"TAEHYUNG COME BACK HERE!" The queen yelled making taehyung sigh and handing minji over to Namjoon.

"Behave," Taehyung warned, giving minji a stern look and point before walking back into the dining room.

Namjoon and Minji watched him until he walked back and slammed the door.

"Come on, let's take a walk," namjoon says quietly, holding onto minjis wrist.

Minji said nothing as she was dragging along an unfamiliar hallway.

"The stunt you pulled was quite something..." namjoon says, hoping for minji to explain herself.

"I hope it was," minji rolled her eyes.

"And why is that," namjoon smiles, the more namjoon thought about it, the more it was funny to him.

"Cause. Prince Taehyung wanted to marry me. This is what he might be marrying. Not to mention he thought his mother would like me, not now. Especially since she's married to the man whose family closed off the forest,"

Namjoon nodded. "So you don't want to marry him?" Namjoon asks, opening a door for minji to walk in. She was a little skeptical, the last time she was alone with Namjoon...

"Of course not. I don't know him. I don't know you. I don't know any of this. Does everyone think I want to stay here?" Minji ranted, getting into her feelings.

Namjoon tried his hardest not to snap at her for being ungrateful, after all, she is opening up to him.

"Give it time," was all namjoon said, gently pushing Minji into the room.
It looked a lot like the one that taehyung pulled her into when he was picking her dress for the painting.

Speaking of which, she wondered what was going on with them.

"Here, let's clean your feet first..." namjoon said, sitting her down on the nearest chair, placing the shoes in front of her, and walking into another door, minji only assumed it was the washroom.

When namjoon was out of sight, minji peaked around the corner, and when she didn't see him, she slowly got up. However went she was now standing, ready to dart her way out the door, namjoon came back. It made Minji fall back down into the chair, huffing as she does.