chapter 57: Seokjins ending

︿︿،، ♡ ⏧·₊̣̇. "

Minji stared at the river, the river that led her over to the over side. She doubted it would be easy, or if she would even get over without Jimin seeing her and dragging her over to her death since all she could think about is how mad Jimin was going to be if he saw her.

Minji let out a breath before looking down at her leg. she only hoped her leg wasn’t going to mess everything up. she was actually surprised she even got as far as she did without anyone finding her and seeing her. A part of her wished someone did see her. see how she so desperately needed help.

“Okay,” she whispered to herself. “it’s okay, you got this far… you can keep going…” Minji inched closer to the river, hoping and praying this didn’t end like she was thinking.

Jumping into the river instead of jumping over it was not the plan. Nor was getting her leg stuck. Luckily, she was so close to the over side of the river that could touch the sand and grass that separated the land and water.

"Holy shit! Come on!" Minji screamed as she tried to pull her leg out from under the rock and mud. It didn't help that her leg was split open and was no help when trying to keep her head above the water.

Minji cried as she continued to try. Her struggles seem to come to a stop when someone grabs her from her armpits and pulls her up. Minji was so happy to be pulled out of the water that she forgot to see who her savior was.

When she looked up to thank the person who saved her, she wanted to thank the lords.

"Shit, Minji! Hang on!" Seokjin groaned as he dragged her away from the waters.

Minji cried as she looked at him. "Oh Jin…"

"I'm here, I promise," Seokjin huffed, dropping to his knees and hugging the girl.

“Jin…” Minji sobbed, wrapping herself into his arms.

“Listen, I'm going to get you home, okay? We are going home. Can you walk,”

Jin watched as Minji slowly nodded and got up with the help of Jin.

“My love, your leg…” Jin playfully clicked his tongue, although it was a distraction for himself so he wouldn’t freak out.

“I’m sorry…” Minji cried, tightening the grip of her hand on his arm. she wasn’t sure why she was being so emotional. Perhaps it was the fact that Jin could have died that night, and she was finally seeing him in the flesh, or perhaps this was the one sane around these parts.

“Don’t be. I'm the one who should be sorry…I'm going to get you out of here. Do you understand? we are going to get to your house. Do you still have the chest I gave you?”

Minji nodded, so happy Seokjin had a plan.

“Perfect, we are going to grab that, and everything we can. and we are going to run. away from all this. Everything… just you and me. like it should have been a long time ago.”

“okay…okay let’s go…” Minji grunted as she tugged at Seokjin arms.

Seokjin didn’t want to waste any more time, immediately following after the girl. He eyed her leg, not sure how he could get help her get off her leg and have her rest.

“you got here fast…” minji mumbled.

Seokjin smiled, “i did…i ran from the court house in the town and stole a horse. i’m glad i came here and not anywhere else,”

Minji smiled.

“i’m also kinda surprised how fast i got here, considering how long it usually takes you to get here from your house,” Jin smiles, hoping the conversation takes her mind away from the past couple days.