chapter 54: Namjoons ending

Tw: slight mention of abuse

︿︿،، ♡ ⏧·₊̣̇. "

Minji stared at the river, the river that led her over to the over side. She doubted it would be easy, or if she would even get over without Jimin seeing her and dragging her over to her death since all she could think about is how mad Jimin was going to be if he saw her.

Minji let out a breath before looking down at her leg. she only hoped her leg wasn't going to mess everything up. she was actually surprised she even got as far as she did without anyone finding her and seeing her. A part of her wished someone did see her. see how she so desperately needed help.

"Okay," she whispered to herself. "it's okay, you got this far... you can keep going..." Minji inched closer to the river, hoping and praying this didn't end like she was thinking.

Jumping into the river instead of jumping over it was not the plan. Nor was getting her leg stuck. Luckily, she was so close to the over side of the river that could touch the sand and grass that separated the land and water.

"Holy shit! Come on!" Minji screamed as she tried to pull her leg out from under the rock and mud. It didn't help that her leg that was split open and was no help when trying to keep her head above the water.

Minji cried as she continued to try. Her struggles seem to come to a stop when someone grabs her from her armpits and pulls her up. Minji was so happy to be pulled out of the water that she forgot to see who her savior was.

When she looked up to thank the person who saved her, she wanted to jump back into the water.

Minji started to struggle to get away as Namjoon continued to pull her up and out of the running water.

When Namjoon placed her on the solid ground, Minji tried to book it. Unfortunately, Namjoon was quick to grab her wrist, pulling her into his chest.

"LET GO," Minji screamed, tears coming to her eyes.

"Calm down before I get upset,"

Namjoon huffed and he watched Minji cry. He was happy she listened somewhat. She was still crying yet she was quiet.

"Is this where you run off to? To your little forest friends? As I was looking for you? Do you know what I've done to get here?"

Minji shook her head. It did make sense to her why she was so afraid of him right now. Was it because she was injured, making it impossible to escape. Though, even if she wasn't injured, it wasn't like she was getting far.

"I want to go home. Let me go." Minji hissed as she was pushed into Namjoons chest once more. If he wasn't who he was, she would have definitely liked being in his arms.

"I'll take you home alright. Somewhere where you can't pull stupid little stunts like this again." Namjoon hissed, pulling minji along with him. He was fuming. Even though he was more than grateful he saw minji when he did, he wasn't expecting so much anger to enter him when he saw her.

Perhaps seeing her reminded him of her running away from him when they were having such a good time together. Or perhaps it was because it's because she was the reason he did what he did to the prince of the kingdom.

He would do it again. No doubt. Especially if it meant having minji by HIS side and not some snobby prince who thought he was better than everyone else. Namjoon had no reason to think Taehyung was the one for minji when he was there. Or anyone at that matter.

"I don't want to go back to Taehyung! Please! I can't go back! I ran away for a reason!" Minji yelled, stumbling over her own legs as she was pulled closer to the edge of the forest trees.