chapter 30

︿︿،، ♡ ⏧·₊̣̇. "

The walk to Minji's cottage was confusing. Even for Jungkook.

Hoseok didn't blame minji for staying away for so long, because what the fuxk was this?

It wasn't like the two men had to hide from anyone either. there was so much land around that even if they were to be seen, no one would be able to tell they were there.

So it was just the long-ass walk that made it hell.

Thankfully, jungkook didn't want to encounter humans today so a large amount of land was preferred. Hoseok didn't care however but he knew the reputation creatures had with humans so perhaps it was best there were no humans.

Hoseok and Jungkook talked nothing to each other. What was there even to talk about? Hoseok didn't mind Jungkook, he was a good kid in reality... but they had nothing in common. Well, as far as hoseok knew.

Jungkook was the smart kid and hoseok... he was smart but he didn't go out to read and learn as jungkook does. Hoseok felt like they were too different to talk about anything.

Jungkook felt like the whole walk over was too awkward and wanted to lighten the mood. But he was sure hoseok wouldn't like that so he kept quiet. The last thing he wanted was to have hoseok upset.

After two hours of silence and walking, they finally were able to see the outlines of the cottage.

Yoongi wasn't lying when he said they would know it was Minji's cottage.

Even from a distance, they knew.

It was a small, stone house. The closer they came to the house, the more they could see the vines and moss all over the stone. Instead of it looking gross and worn out, it is rather pleasant, welcoming even.

The yard around the cottage seemed to be just as welcoming. There were bright pretty flowers everywhere, homing little bugs like caterpillars and bees. There were also different farming areas, holding fruits and vegetables.

Jungkook carefully opened the door, carefully. Just in case, he rather be safe than sorry.

Once hoseok and jungkook made sure there was no threat, they walked into the house, hoseok shutting the door behind him.

"Well it definitely seems like minji's house..." jungkook muttered looking over the house. Hoseok hummed in agreement.

From what they could see, the house was filled with plants, not one spot in the house didn't have a plant.

Hoseok walked over to the living room area, jungkook following close behind. There was a small couch, a small wooden table in front of it, and books and journals covering the surface. The couch was facing the fireplace that seemed like it hadn't been lit in a long time. Which made sense since it was rather warm out.

Hoseok placed yoongis clothes down on the couch, sitting down too.

Jungkook looked around the walls, maps, plants, and shelves with books and different items taking up all the room.

"Do you think minji is okay?" Hoseok mumbled, shocking jungkook.

Jungkook stayed quiet as he thought.

"Yes. I believe so... I don't think she would put herself into trouble. Plus... as much as I don't like him, jimin is very good at looking for what he wants. Yoongi is out there too, which, he has a better chance of finding her than jimin..." jungkook replied, walking to the large wall of books behind the living room area.

"I suppose. I just feel like we are... useless at the moment." Hoseok said, watching Jungkook.

"I know. I also feel that way. But yoongi and jimin seem to have it under control. It's probably safer for us too... getting caught doesn't seem like a thing we want to do..." jungkook said, looking over all the books on the shelf. The only light was the window that was shining toward the books.