chapter 12

︿︿،، ♡ ⏧·₊̣̇. "

"m-mama?!" minji gasped in shock. she quickly looked around her to make sure no one heard what this kid just said. 

the little boy started to giggle and reach for her more. 

was this kid serious? Minji didn't know if this boy thought she looked like his mother or if he just thought everyone was his mom. minji didn't know which one she preferred. 

The flower continued to giggle and reach for minji, letting out "up" every so often. Minji didn't know what to do now. was she supposed to pick this kid up or let him be? well if she picked him up, then perhaps she could try to find his real mom but that would be rude to jungkook. what if she left and jungkook came back and she was gone? he would think she ditched him. 

if she let him be... well if he was like any other kid she interacted with in the village, he would cry. that would make her look like a bad person to a whole bunch of people she didn't even know. it makes it even worse as the flower boy continues to cry out "mama" and "up". making her look like a bad mom to a kid that's not even hers. 

minji let out a sigh as the little boy started to pout and his eye started watering. without a second thought, she went to pick the boy up. 

the boy's eyes dried up almost immediately and his pout was replaced with a smile. made her think about how shifty kids are to get what they want. 

Minji placed the little boy on her lap, placing her hands on his stomach for safety reasons, and decided to look around. either Yoongi or Jungkook or better yet, the mother or father of this kid. 

though she didn't see anyone but a couple of older men, father away, drinking what seemed to be alcohol and none of them seemed to be looking for a missing child. 

Minji decided to wait for one of the boys to find her since they know the people and places here more than her. 

minji looked down at the boy who seemed to be rather quiet. she was rather pleased to see that the kid was not dead but looking at the large fire with a small smile. he had rested his small hand on one of minjis fingers and leaned into her for back support. 

minji couldn't resist smiling, this kid was cute. 

"I wonder if you can talk..." minji muttered to herself but ended up catching the attention of the small boy. 

the said boy let out a giggle and leaned more into her, perhaps to feel her warmth but there was a fire right in front of them...

the two stayed there for a little longer. minji didn't mind like she thought she would... however... the little awe and smiled she would get from the people passing them got a little annoying. Did this kid look like her that others thought they were related? 

maybe so but minji didn't think so at least. 

thankfully, jungkook came with two cups of whatever liquid jungkook picked out. 

he came closer with a smile until he saw the child was seen. his smile didn't exactly fade, but it did change from a happy but a little guilty smile to a completely confused smile. 

"was I gone for so one you adopted that thing?" jungkook asked. minji thought he was joking but this elf man was completely serious and had a concerned look on his face. he quickly placed the cups down and slightly moved the bowls and plates away so he could sit close. 

"jungkook this is a child. don't call him an 'it' and no I didn't 'adopted' him, he's lost," minji said with a playful eye roll and turned a little to face jungkook better. 

"Oh." was all jungkook could say with a tight smile. he did start looking around, for the same reason minji did earlier, yet he had the same outcome, no one looked like they were missing a child.