chapter 9

︿︿،، ♡ ⏧·₊̣̇. "

The three young adults all awkwardly watched the older sprint around the kitchen. It was like watching a chicken run around headless... it was a little embarrassing. 

"Uh, grandma... do you need any help?" jungkook asked, slowly making his way over.

"Oh thank you, dear. At least someone helps me," Eunbi sharply turns to glare at the other two that didn't offer any help, whatsoever. To which they both looked away to avoid the harsh glares they were getting from their sweet elder. 

"It's fine grandma... just tell me what you need help with," jungkook smiled.

"So sweet. Well, you can get the cups out. Just make sure you give the smaller green one for minji and then the larger green one for yoongi. They had them since they were kids and won't drink tea unless it's in those cups..." eunbi sighed as she said this. All the memories of them making these cups as kids warmed her heart. 

"Sure thing grandma. Is there a cup you want to drink out of?" Jungkook asked, carefully getting the cups out of the cupboard. 

"No but you go ahead and take any cup you want," Eunbi said as she gave the tea a last stir and now waiting on Jungkook. 

Jungkook then picked out a red one for his grandma and a smaller purple one for himself. All the cups were handmade out of clay beside the few couples that was jars or glass. 

Jungkook did notice that most of these cups looked deformed, uneven, or colored like children made them. 

Eunbi looked over at jungkook to see what was taking so long. She noticed him looking over the clay cups, he looked so interested as he looked over almost all of them.

This caused Eunbi to smile. 

"You know," Eunbi suddenly called out, scaring jungkook in the process. He jumped and almost dropped the plain cup that was in his hand but thankfully his quick reflexes prevented that. "Minji made most of these. Maybe three out of all of them are yoongis. Minji loved making things with me. It took her forever to make them. Since she was a child, she had the attention span of a fish." 

Jungkook looked back and forth between the cups and his grandma. He started smiling out of nowhere. Just the thought of her sitting around and making these just to forget about them and leave to play, was funny to imagine. Jungkook started wondering about what would happen if Minji and he met. 

Instead of yoongi, what about him? Would she have stayed or would she have left as she did with yoongi? He wished his parents weren't so strict and how he wished he has somewhat disobeyed his parents sooner so he had the possibility of meeting her.

As the two in the kitchen continued to work, the other two stayed silent. It wasn't an awkward silence but rather a complete and comfortable one. Minji looked around the house with a little grin, it hasn't changed a bit. Everything was the same since she left. Yoongi was, however, not looking around the cabin like minji. Honestly, he couldn't care less about it. He did miss the memories that the two shared here but what was most important right now, was Minji. 

He stared her down with the same grin she had. She was so stunning. Yoongi wished she could just forget about the damn village and stay here with him. Just like they planned out as kids. 

Jungkook and Eunbi walked into the living with the tea cups. Eunbi had a huge smile while Jungkook, well Minji wouldn't necessarily call it a smile but he was trying and that's all that mattered.

They all sat down after handing the cups to the respected person. Now it was silent. This time it was uncomfortable and awkward. No one didn't anything but take glances at any other person. 

Finally, after a good five minutes of silence, minji decided to slowly pick up her cup and take a painfully slow sip of the cup. It got even more awkward when she noticed everyone looking at her. 

Noticing her discomfort, yoongi took a rather loud sip of his tea. He sighed as he sat it down and said, 

"It's a little burnt." 

"Yoongi I swear to God. Why would you say that? I bet it's fine" Eunbi called out with an eye roll and took a sip. Yoongi was right, it was a little burnt but it was still good.

Minji and jungkook both let out a sigh of relief. Now that the awkward tension was gone, which both were unsure how that even happened in the first place, they could enjoy the slightly burnt tea. 

The afternoon went on with Minji continuing the stories of her adventures. It ended up with jungkook telling them, we'll really just Minji about his books and how much he wishes to hear more about everything. Yoongi and Eunbi couldn't care less. Eunbi loved jungkook but she heard it all and yoongi just didn't care. Why would he? He was just here for Minji so jungkook talking about things that he had no care for, didn't matter. 

Minji was pleased to put it simply. She loved hearing these kinds of things. She liked hearing jungkook talk about his interests, however, the book part kind of threw her off but she couldn't expect much when all he had was books and couldn't do much outside the forest. So he let him off the hook for now. 

Minji also offered a book she put together to him since he was interested in witchcraft. She had plenty and because this was the first and last time she was meeting him, might be well be kind. Well that was what she thought. 

 He took it of course but that only resulted in yoongi getting grumpy, saying, "Why didn't you give me one, huh? Is he more important to you than me?" 

"Shut it," Minji responded. 

The afternoon was coming to an end and yoongi couldn't be happier. He was just itching to grab Minji and run away to his home. He decided to be respectful towards Minji and stay, he needed to gain her trust, not that he didn't have it before, he just needs to be safe before he asks her to stay with him. 

"I hate to break this nerdy get-together but Minji and I need to leave before the moon comes out. She needs to bathe and eat," yoongi said standing up and giving a small smirk to his mother and Jungkook.

Jungkook was taken back. First, the smirk. He didn't know what yoongi was trying to get at with it but it ticked jungkook off. Which was weird, it rarely happens that he gets upset so why did it happen now? And second, he forgot that Minji was staying with yoongi for the night. He wished she could stay with him, to talk all night... that's it. But since his parent lived right next door, he was a corner and couldn't get anything past them. 

"Oh how about you stay here to eat? Please yoongi?" Eunbi asked with pleading eyes. It did not affect him so his answer was simple. 

"No,"

"Yoongi be nice," Minji rolled her eyes, getting up and picking up her and yoongis cup to put in the sink. 

"Oh... well, make sure to stop by before you leave tomorrow. Please Minji... for me?" Eunbi asked, she was upset, so so upset that Minji was leaving so soon but it wasn't like she could do much anyway. Minji was stubborn. 

"Of course... I would never leave without saying goodbye... plus I need to get my ugly horse," minji came rushing back from the kitchen and jumped into her grandma's arms. 

They hugged for what seemed forever and it didn't look like they were going to stop anything soon. Yoongi decided he was done with it and pulled Minji away from his mother. 

"I wasn't done," Minji frowned her eyebrows at yoongi to look made but yoongi just thought it was cute. 

"Whatever, we need to get going if you want to eat and bathe," yoongi said, making his way to the door. Minji hurried to get her things in place to leave. 

Yoongi ended up taking half of her things in one hand and with his other, he grabbed Minjis free hand. He pulled her towards the door, hoping to leave without any problem. Unfortunately for yoongi, his mother called out, 

"Take jungkook with you! He's going with the same way,"

︿︿،، ♡ ⏧·₊̣̇. "

1437 words