chapter 53.5: Taehyungs ending

Start from the beginning

"What the hell... why is my mark gone?" 

"Minji, it was a last-minute discussion. I didn't want to but to keep my mother from getting upset, making life way harder..." 

"You cut off a piece of my skin? for your mother?"

"It was for us. If she found out then she would make things hard for us. Once she calmed down about everything then..." He trailed off, unsure how to continue. 

"I hope you know," she looked up at him with disgust. "That even if you cut off all my skin, it grows back. The mark doesn't disappear. If anything it will get darker. Do you think I don't know this? It's happened before. You doing this also doesn't stop me from being a witch." 

Taehyung huffed out of frustration. 

"I didn't do this out of hate. I couldn't care less if you were a witch. it wouldn't be like you will be doing witchcraft in the future anyway. You will be too busy. Like I said. This is temporary."

"I can't believe this... I can't believe you..." Minji had to look away from her ankle. 

"Don't say that!" he whined. "I didn't do this to hurt you! if my mother found out, then she would make our lives hell."

"So you did this simply because you couldn't handle your mother? you have to be kidding me."

"Enough! I don't know how many times I have to say it! It's a temporary thing. Get over it. I'm leaving now. I'll call a maid to reap this."

----

It had been three full moons since Minji had been staying at the castle. It had been two full moons since she had been lifted off bedrest and it's been one full moon since Taehyung left for something with other princes. 

He was said to be arriving today, according to the number of letters he had sent. Minji didn't mind nor did she particularly care. however, she did have a feeling of loneliness when he had left. He wasn't there to bother her in person anymore. Nor was he there to keep her warm during the night when she slept. 

Minji had spent her time in the library, every day, since she had arrived, either on her own doing for the books or her classes that Taehyung and his mother had required. 

They wanted her educated for the wedding. Which, Minji was surprised that Taehyung had waited as long as he had been. Though, in every letter, he had mentioned it at least once. Stating he was ready for the crown to be placed on her head so she would officially be his til the end of time. 

"Darling," 

Minji didn't bother looking up, knowing who it was. There was only one man who called her that, calling her Darling more than her name. 

He was behind her, gently rubbing her shoulders to alert her of his presence. 

"It seems like you grow more beautiful by the day. It has been so long since I've seen you,"

Minji closed the book that she was reading, not forgetting to tab her place with a bookmark. 

"Welcome back," Minji finally looked up at him. 

His hair had grown, and he looked more handsome. Screw him. 

"It good to be back darling," 

he gave her a loving kiss on her lips. One thing about this man, he was not shy of affection. Before he had left, he wouldn't go a couple of minutes without holding onto her or kissing her. 

It was a little odd, especially since he wasn't like this in the month she was there. However, when the second month hit, he was all over her and he didn't care who was watching.