While you walked, your mind wandered back to the Flapple. It looked strong, but you were still worried about it. It could still be hurt, Excadrill could be pretty strong. "Maybe I should buy some potions before I leave...you mumbled." You looked up, seeing that you've walked over to a large statue in town. It was of one of your countries gods, specifically the god of grass pokémon.

No one actually knew his name or what he supposedly looked like, but he was a big deal in this village. Not only did he oversee all grass type pokémon, but he was a patron of farmers like yourself and oversaw nature, fertility, and harvests. The statue was of a large muscular man surrounded by various grass type pokémon: Gourgeist, Toedscruel, Lilligant, Bellossom, Bulbasaur, Flapple, and Decidueye.

You stared at the statue for a moment, focusing primarily on the Flapple statuette. Something felt...different. Almost like you had seen this exact Flapple before...but a real one? You shook the thought out and continued on your way. As soon as you took care of your errands, you used some of the money to buy potions, hoping the Flapple was still ok. 

Spending time with your Bounsweet seemed to calm the Totodile down and already seemed close. But it was time to take it back home and check on that Flapple, so you headed back toward the river, hoping the Excadrill would be gone.

As you approached the river bank, you set the Totodile down. "Feel free to visit whenever you want ok? I hope you find your family?" You smiled and waved at it, but Bounsweet didn't follow. You turned and looked at it, "What's wrong?" You asked it. It started following again, and so did the Totodile. "What about your family?" You asked it, it just stared at you with big eyes. "Do you...want to stay with us?" It jumped up happily. "Alright then!" You laughed, "Let's go check on that Flapple."

But when you got to the spot where the Excadrill attack happened, you gasped and dropped your basket. A man was lying on the riverbend, covered in gashes and bruises, completely passed out. You ran over and kneeled beside him, "Are you ok!?" You asked. The man was tall and broad chested, wearing a green work shirt, jeans, boots, and a straw hat hanging around his neck. His hair was a soft peach color and freckles adorned his face.

You shook your head. You didn't have time to admire the stranger's handsomeness. You turned to Bounsweet, "Head back to the cottage and come back with Mudsdale!" Bounsweet immediately bounded off with Totodile in tow. Meanwhile you looked around for any herbs you could use to treat the man. Up ahead you saw some bearded lichen. You laid your head down on the man's chest. You let out a sigh of relief when you heard a steady heart beat. "I'll be right back!" You told him, knowing he probably couldn't hear you.

You quickly grabbed as much lichen as you could and ran back over. You ripped off strips of your clothes and started dunking the lichen in the river water. You got to work quickly applying the wet lichen to the man's wounds and wrapping them. Something was off though...there were far fewer wounds on him than there was a moment ago. "Strange..."

Not long after you heard the whinnying of a Mudsdale and stood up. It galloped over to the two of you and kneeled down, allowing you to move the large man onto its back and carry him to your cottage.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You managed to get the man into your bed to rest. You would check in every once in a while to change his bandages. After the third check-up, his wounds were completely gone, and you had no idea how. But the important part was that he was doing better, and that was good enough for you.

For now you were putting together lunch in your kitchen. It had been almost a week since you found the handsome stranger and had been caring for him, he hadn't woken up yet. And since your cottage currently only had one bedroom, you had been sleeping on your couch while he occupied the bed.