Chapter 150

16. Flashback (9)

The year-end party organized at the Ludwig mansion was like never before.

Crystal chandeliers, the finest champagne, expensive gifts, and food with rare ingredients......

The budget was enough for three previous year-end parties.

Cliff and the Duchess had tried to talk her out of it time and time again, but Lizé had found them frustrating.

"The Duke of Ludwig has become one of the Emperor's closest confidants, and we need to make sure everyone knows it, so that no other family is as frivolous as the Riegelhoff ever again."

It was an excuse she'd added in hopes of belittling Edith, but despite her intentions, the Duchess sighed as she remembered the thrifty, no-nonsense Edith.

In any case, the year-end party was dazzling and extravagant, just as Lizé had planned.

Lizé successfully threw a big party in her first year of marriage, and even Princess Catherine attended, elevating her stature.

'Yeah, this is it!'

Lizé felt like she was finally breathing for the first time in a long time, surrounded by admiration and envy.

'I don't think a single person thought of Edith.'

She was even able to get closer to the man who was the purpose of the year-end party, Young Lord Liebermann.

"Would you like to dance a song with me, my lady?"

Lizé rejoiced inwardly at his somewhat nervous offer of a dance.

The thought of dancing with him and sharing a glass of champagne made her heart flutter for the first time in a long time.

Cliff's expression hardened by the second, but Lizé ignored him completely.

'It's a fish I caught anyway, so what?'

On that day, Lizé believed that her life would bloom as brightly as in the original story.

Because the heir to Young Lord Liebermann brought up the subject of the Crown Prince to her, just like in the original story.

"Did I mention that I was a classmate of His Highness the Crown Prince?"

"Yes? With His Highness the Crown Prince?"

"Yes. In fact, my father was His Highness the Crown Prince's history teacher, haha!"

Even the slight arrogance in his tone was pleasant.

"That's wonderful! I've only ever met His Highness from a distance."

"Well, then why don't you come with me to the Crown Prince's palace sometime? I'm sure His Highness would be delighted to have you visit."

"Are you sure...... I can come?"

"Of course, I'll make arrangements for you, hahaha!"

Seeing the smiling face that seemed to be smitten with her, Lizé was relieved.

'Indeed, even though my power is gone, the major episodes still happen!'

Now, if she could meet the Crown Prince and solve his problems, and then find the Emperor's lost nephew, she would be able to win the Emperor's favor.

A few days later, while she was happily anticipating a future that would continue as in the original story, something annoyed her.

"There's a New Year's greeting from Lady Edith, no, I mean Countess Ryzen!"