Chapter 84

"Haha, you really do make me laugh sometimes by saying unexpected things......"

"Is that so? But......"

Suddenly, Killian's arms tightened around my waist.

And I realized that he had managed to get himself out of trouble.

"Uh, h- how......?"

"Pfft, I didn't expect you to be so surprised by that. Don't worry, I have a way to turn off the desire in most situations."

Is it by singing a national anthem? Or a patriotic anthem? Oh, by the way, does this country even have a national anthem?

While I was wondering that, Killian whispered menacingly, "We're going to finish this when we get home, so prepare yourself."

I nodded, blushing.

Come to think of it, something must have happened when I stepped out onto the balcony, but what was it?

Ah, Count Riegelhoff!

......why did I get so seriously nervous seeing his ugly face? I don't remember at all.

***

Killian stroked Edith's back, holding her tightly in his arms as she breathed out what remained of her sweetness.

The corners of his mouth turned up in pleasure.

'She's naughty, unexpected, cute......'

Who would have thought I'd have such feelings for Edith?

When she touched my chest and forearms during the dance, I thought it was a cute provocation, but I never thought she would say frankly that she was excited.

It was then that Killian forgot about Count Riegelhoff and pounced on Edith.

If this wasn't the Imperial Palace, he would have eaten her any way he could.

But he couldn't do anything dishonorable in the palace, so he barely managed to quell his arousal as he remembered the funeral dirge that had been played at his grandfather's funeral.

"Have you calmed down a bit?"

"Yes......"

As Edith's shaking shoulders calmed, Killian, worried that her body temperature was dropping, took off his jacket and slipped it on her.

"If we go back into the ballroom, Count Riegelhoff might be hovering around you again. Will you be okay?"

"Yes, I don't mind. But I don't want to see him alone. Will you stay with me?"

"Gladly."

Killian continued to be bothered by Edith's stiff reaction in front of Count Riegelhoff.

Earlier, she had excused it as excitement, but Edith must have had a painful past that she didn't want to talk about.

A family that cared more about their maid than Edith, who had beaten her to the point where her back was covered in bruises.

'Edith is definitely distancing herself from Count Riegelhoff. I don't know why they mistreated her, but......'

It was a pity that Edith had such a difficult past, but I would be happy if it led to her cutting ties with Count Riegelhoff.

Unlike in the past, when Killian had no intention of making this marriage last, now he wanted to go down to the Ryzen estate with Edith as much as possible.

'If things continue like this, wouldn't we be able to live as a good couple?'

I don't know when I started having these thoughts.