Chapter 80

"I'm just going to wear this ruby necklace."

"That's all you're wearing? I get that you don't care about other people, but I'm sure someone is going to object."

"Well, I wear a piece of my husband's heart around my neck at all times. What treasure could be more precious than that?"

Killian blushed. "Y- you can't say that with a straight face......"

Hmm, you don't sound very believable when you say that while sounding as cheerful as you are.

Killian looked around, cleared his throat, and muttered softly, "I'll call on the jeweler sometime before we go down to the estate, and you...... buy whatever you want."

All I wanted from Killian was to leave my head intact before the jewelry, but for now I nodded, not wanting to spoil the mood.

It wasn't a bad day, no, it was a pretty good day.

***

"Lizé, it's been a while."

"Long time no see, Your Highness!"

Lizé stood facing Princess Catherine Iberia in the sunny parlor of the Imperial Palace, which was in the midst of preparations for the National Day.

Catherine, who had had a crush on Cliff since childhood, had been jealous of his love for Lizé and had even tried to harm her at one point.

But she had grown to admire Lizé's innocence and good nature, and now she was jealous of Lizé's love for Cliff.

"Is that idiot Cliff being nice to you?"

"Everyone at House Ludwigs is good to me. I've told you before, every day feels like a dream since coming to the Ludwigs' mansion."

"You deserve better than that. If you don't like it, you can come and live in the palace as my handmaiden."

Lizé shook her head. "I don't want to leave the Duke and Duchess of Ludwig's side, they're like parents to me."

"Hmm...... I can't beat that, since the Duke and Duchess of Ludwig saved your life."

Lizé is the most beautiful and good-hearted person Catherine has ever known.

Someone who embraced her warmly, even when she had insulted her with her twisted heart.

If it weren't for her, Catherine would still be a problem child in the palace.

'I'm not going to let those who don't recognize and torment this angel get away with it.'

The starting point for putting that promise into practice was the Sinclairs.

Count Sinclair, who had played fire with a maid and gave birth to an illegitimate child, only to have it registered in the family, and the Countess and her children, who had kept Lizé from being able to live with them, would be punished, always and forever, by Catherine.

And she had planned to execute the plan at the upcoming National Day ball.

"How are the worthless Siclair people doing these days?"

"W- what do you mean worthless?"

Lizé continued with an awkward smile, "It seems that Brother Damien is taking the Heir Class and helping my father with his work, and sister Leila is......"

"Who asked you that? I mean, are they doing anything weird to you?"

"Oh, no! Nothing like that......"

"Lizé......?"

Catherine's eyes sharpened as Lizé, who had been waving her hands in denial, suddenly stopped moving and stuttered.