Chapter 11

"Hello, I'm Emily Ruayal of Ruayal's Boutique, and I'm honored to be here."

Emily, the owner of the boutique, has soft brown hair and appears to be in her early forties.

She brought with her a stack of colorful fabrics and lace, as well as a style book full of various designs.

"Shall we start with the Duchess?"

Mrs. Ruayal took out a style book for older ladies and opened it in front of the Duchess.

After flipping through a few pages, the Duchess looked up and smiled.

"Hmm...... as I get older, I seem to end up picking the same designs every time, so why don't you guys pick one for me this time?" asked the Duchess, looking back at me and Lizé.

'What a surprise, this is an unexpected situation! Why are you giving me a test without warning?'

A cold sweat ran down my spine.

I know what will happen. Either she will prefer Lizé's design choice over mine, or she will accept both with Lizé's design getting more compliments.

I'm on pins and needles, but Lizé seems rather pleased.

"Are you sure I can do this?"

"Of course, Lizé."

With that, we each had exactly the same style book in front of us.

I calmly looked through the style book, sweating profusely.

This test was clearly stacked against me.

Lizé has lived in this house for five years, so she has a good idea of the Duchess' tastes, and I......

'I've been in this world for less than two weeks!'

I had no idea my style battle episode with Lizé would play out like this......

The flow of the original was much stronger than I expected.

"I'm thinking about this design, I think it would look very elegant on you."

Lizé picked out a blue silk dress.

Mrs. Ruayal quickly took the sample fabric and draped it over the Duchess' shoulders, cooing that it was an excellent choice.

Not only that, but she thought it would look very good on the Duchess with a set of pearl earrings and a necklace, as illustrated in the style book.

'That's a very good choice.'

With her wheat-colored hair, amber eyes, and very fair skin, the Duchess would look good in any color, but blue seems to be the closest to perfect.

"You've chosen very well, Miss Lizé. It's the latest design from our boutique. The silk is also the finest available to the imperial family......"

Mrs. Ruayal was pleased and praised Lizé's discernment.

"And which one did Edith choose?"

"Uh...... I......"

As Lizé's buoyant mood subsided slightly, the Duchess' gaze shifted to me.

Is this also the flow of the original?

I laid out a picture of a dress with a more ornate design that the original Edith might have chosen.

Of course, no matter what I chose, I think the Duchess would prefer the blue dress Lizé chose, but......

"The dress Miss Lizé picked out would be perfect for you, but I think something like this would be fine for the occasional day when you want to change up your mood."