Chapter 96

I'm fine right now, but if I say so, it'll seem like I'm getting too excited, right? I mean, to want that as soon as you open your eyes after you almost died is kind of......

Too bad, but I nodded for now.

Killian must have noticed my feelings, because he leaned in and kissed me softly.

"You never know, but you'll probably be sore all over when you wake up, and you've got a bump on your head from the fall, so you'll have to be careful for a while. I want to do it so badly, but......"

"I- I- I didn't say anything......"

"You look a little wistful."

Killian smirked again.

If you're going to do this, don't provoke me. Sheesh.

***

"Argh! Nothing really works out!"

Leila was pacing frantically, unable to control herself.

She threw everything she could get her hands on, crushed the flowers arranged this morning, and screamed at the maids.

Every time Leila flared up, the maids would run out to find Damien in tears.

It wasn't pleasant for Damien, who was dragged along every time, but he had no choice or the maids would quit.

Damien shouted in an irritated voice, "Why again?!"

Leila, her hair disheveled in a way unbecoming of a noblewoman, turned to look at him.

"I think that bitch Edith is using some kind of...... witchcraft or something."

"What kind of novelty bullshit is that?"

"If not, how can she be so lucky?"

"Why don't you tell me what's going on?"

Finally, Leila's anger subsided and she flopped down on the couch.

Meanwhile, the maids began to clean up the mess.

"Do you know that Edith Riegelhoff almost died?"

"Almost drowned?"

"Not that one. Recently."

"No. I've never heard of it."

Leila gulped down the cold tea the maid handed her, then spoke again, "The man who was crazy about her almost killed her."

Leila told Damien, who looked even more puzzled, everything that had happened.

From the night she'd gotten the letter with the unknown sender to the plan to kill Edith that had been delivered by someone on behalf of the Ludwigs.

"She really almost died this time, and then, oh my God...... Killian showed up and saved her again. Can you believe it?"

Damien frowned at Leila, who shook her head in disbelief.

"So what you're saying is, you don't know exactly who sent you the letter?"

"Does that matter now?"

"Of course it matters, you idiot, it could have been a trap!"

Damien berated Leila sharply.

It was a shame, because the plan was really designed for Edith, and it would have been a disaster if it had been a trap to prey on Leila.

But Leila paid no heed to her brother's advice.

"Anyway, it's not like I did anything special. I just went to the Sicily family's tea party and spilled a few words next to that gross man."