Chapter 95

My eyelids were heavy, but I was slowly waking up.

Edith's eyes stared at me through the scattered remnants of my dreams, holding on to me until the very end.

"Mmm......"

I let out a small groan and opened my eyes.

For a moment, I couldn't think of anything. The only thing I could think about was the man in front of me, his chest heaving.

'What happened?'

I rolled my heavy eyes from side to side, searching my memory for the moment when I was nearly killed by a crazy man.

'How much time has passed since then?'

I wriggled my body, which had seemed stiff for a while, and the arm on top of me hugged me even tighter.

"Umm."

"Edith......?"

Killian's deep voice called my name.

'Oh, it's Killian.'

A huge wave of relief washed over me as I realized I was being held by Killian.

"Edith. Are you awake?"

"Killian......"

"Don't worry. We're in the mansion, and you're safe. It's okay now......"

Killian's large hand patted my back.

"How long did I sleep?"

"You slept half a day. Luckily, I don't think you have a concussion, you just passed out from exhaustion."

"I can't believe you're sleeping with someone who passed out."

I nudged Killian, but he looked surprisingly pleased.

"You didn't let me go."

"Huh? Really?"

"Because you held on to my clothes even when you were passed out, and you kept looking for me in your sleep."

That was odd, because I wasn't dreaming about Killian.

"Is that so......? I'm sorry."

"Don't be sorry. I want you to keep looking for me like that in the future. You'll get in trouble if you call anyone else's name, so you'd better think of me, even in your dreams."

I thought he was an obsessive second male lead, but he has a steady personality.

Anyway, he kept patting and stroking my back, trying to reassure me.

I was just enjoying his patting like he was soothing a child. It really made me feel more at ease.

"What happened......?"

That was all I could think to say.

No matter what, I needed to know what happened.

"What should I say first?"

"Um...... start with how you found me?"

Killian let out a long sigh and patted my back, speaking slowly.

"When you told me you were going out with Lizé alone...... I had a bad feeling about it."

"......that's interesting. Maybe you have a strong premonition?"

"That's something I don't know. Actually, yesterday, Lizé asked me about my plans for today."

"And?"

"I lied and said I had to go out this morning."

I was momentarily lost for words.

I couldn't believe that Killian, the second male lead, was suspicious of Lizé enough to lie.