Chapter 103

"Edith."

Killian called my name and pulled me into a hug.

His body scent, an intoxicating mix of musk and something like bark, always made my heart flutter.

"It won't be long," he said, "a month or so. Don't go outside the mansion as much as possible, and don't write to anyone."

"Are you afraid that I'll get excited and run outside when my father invades my in-laws' house?"

I grunted complainingly, and Killian chuckled again.

"It's not that, it's just that...... you're going to have to put up with the occasional outing into town for a while, much to your chagrin."

The pat on my back was so sweet it made me want to cry.

"Come one...... do you think I'm a child? Just be careful not to get hit by an arrow."

I said it jokingly, but the thought of him being hit by an arrow gave me goosebumps.

'Think about something else, think about something else!'

Trying to vent my growing anxiety, I exclaimed, "Oh, by the way, I made something for you."

"For me......?"

I put on the shawl beside me and opened the drawer.

There lay a pair of arm warmers I'd started knitting as soon as I'd heard that a territorial war had been declared and had only just finished yesterday.

But I noticed a snagged thread in one of the arm warmers that I knitted in a cylinder shape.

When I tried to fix it by pulling it in the opposite direction, the thread only expanded in the opposite direction.

In short, it's a total mess...... a failed product that uses good wool and is expected to keep you warm once you put it on.

"Um...... it's not that great, but I think you'll need it...... no, just, wear it and throw it away after it gets dirty.

I blushed and held the tattered thing out to Killian.

Walking toward me in his robe, Killian looked like a 21st-century American muscular male model, and the woolen arm warmers in his hand lent a touch of reality to his otherwise unreal appearance. Almost too much.

"Pfft!"

Yeah, it's funny, even to me.

Killian looked back and forth at the arm warmers I gave him, wide-eyed, and then tilted his head.

"I've been thinking about it since I saw those embroidered handkerchiefs at the bazaar, but I guess you're not very good with your hands."

"Oh, did you see them too?"

"I was afraid someone might see them, so I bought all three."

"I was wondering who bought them, and it was you! Thank you, I was actually afraid they wouldn't sell until the end."

"Ahahaha!"

It was nice to hear his cheerful laughter.

Still, he didn't let go of the arm warmers I gave him and continued to fiddle with them.

"By the looks of it, it must be pretty warm."

"Actually, it's a good one. I'm not very good at it, so I invested in the material."

"......I'll use it well, thinking of you."

It's kind of cheating to say something like that while looking like you're about to die of joy.