Chapter 76

"No way......"

"That's right, someone tried to kill Miss Edith."

"Oh, that's horrible."

Horrible.

Leila was rather delighted.

'If someone has tampered with the wheel of the yacht belonging to the Ludwigs, then there is a force within the Ludwig family that wants to get rid of Edith!'

Who else but members of the Ludwig family could have broken into Killian's yacht?

Then it occurred to me to consider one hopeful assumption.

'Maybe Killian was trying to kill Edith......?'

When he lifted her from the water, she wasn't breathing.

'He only pretended to save her so that he could make excuses to Count Riegelhoff, but that worthless wench survived. There were many eyes watching, so he couldn't kill her again......'

The rumor of Killian and Edith's feud has already spread through social circles.

But the two of them going on a yacht?

That's already weird.

'Clearly, Killian is trying to get rid of that woman!'

Leila was convinced.

This helped her stay calm and not lose her temper when the subject of Lizé came up.

"By the way...... do you know anything about Miss Lizé?"

"Yes? What are you talking about?"

"I mean...... Miss Lizé is being treated as an almost future duchess by the Ludwig family......"

At that, Leila and Countess Sinclair snorted at the same time, especially the Countess, who even went so far as to actively retort.

"That's nonsense," she said, "To put it bluntly, that child has been sold to that house."

"Yes?"

"I've been keeping my mouth shut because it's a disgrace to the family, but apparently there's a wild rumor going around. The truth is, that illegitimate child was sold to the Ludwigs the Ludwigs, and she probably works as a maid there."

The lady who had mentioned Lizé exchanged glances with the lady who had come with her, shaking her head.

But the Countess spoke boldly, "When Duke Ludwig and my family did business together, we borrowed some money from the Duke, which is not uncommon in business."

"Well, yes."

"Then His Excellency the Duke of Ludwig came to visit us for a while, and apparently he needed a maid, so he offered to take her in light of our bond."

"But...... the Duke of Ludwig could have gotten a maid without having to do that......"

"How do you know what he'll use her for?"

Several of the ladies blushed and their eyes widened.

"I must admit...... Miss Lizé is quite a catch."

"She is not. She's a lascivious wench who takes after her lascivious mother who can't be trusted with a man, and I don't even want to talk about it."

The Countess furrowed her brow in displeasure and flapped her fan.

Then the shrewd ladies cursed Lizé and her mother in front of them, which made Leila and the Countess feel better.

But it wasn't Lizé that Leila cared about; she didn't give a damn about trivialities anyway.