Then Ahn Young-eun raised her hand.

"I'll go."

"Okay, Young-eun. Then, Young-eun and I will go...... Anyone else want to go?"

But everyone looked at each other and didn't raise their hands.

Eventually, a newcomer who didn't know me very well raised her hand.

'This is funny. None of the people I thought I was closest to came.'

I half-expected it, but seeing it with my own eyes was devastating.

They didn't say anything the whole way to my funeral.

Then Manager Park spoke up, his voice heavy.

"Why was I so annoyed that day?"

"Yes? Manager? When?"

The newcomer, who had no idea, seemed to be trying to look good in the manager's eyes.

"The day Choi Soo-na died...... I got really mad at her over something really insignificant. I could tell that I hurt her, but at the time, I was just annoyed......"

"Manager......"

Sitting next to him, Ahn Young-eun was chewing on her lip.

"Who could have thought it would be like this...... haa...... and that was the last thing I said to someone who has worked so hard since joining the company...... I feel terrible."

Manager Park's face looked really grim. At that moment, a sobbing sound was heard from the side.

Ahn Young-eun was about to burst into tears.

"I feel terrible too...... I feel so sorry for Soo-na...... sob......"

Manager Park nodded in understanding and patted Ahn Young-eun on the shoulder a couple of times, while the newcomer, who had no idea what they were talking about, remained silent with a confused expression.

As expected, my funeral had few mourners. I didn't have many friends, so the mourners were mostly relatives.

My dad was puffing away on his cigarette, my mom was whimpering to my aunt with tears in her eyes.

"I don't know why my fate is like this. I only have two children, one is sick since childhood, and the other is a troublemaker...... Oh, what should I do, sister?"

"Soo-na is already gone, but what will happen to Soo-chan?"

"If the family pleads for leniency, the sentence will be reduced, but I don't know how much......"

No one mentioned the fact that my brother had killed me; they were just concerned for him as he awaited trial.

'I wasn't expecting much, but...... this still hurts.'

I sighed, and the scene before me blurred to reveal another familiar place. It was my room.

The funeral was already over, and my mom and dad were packing up my things.

"Oh, Soo-na...... Soo-na......"

"Poor girl......!"

My mom was crying as she looked at my expense book, and my dad was opening my closet, his eyes reddening.

I wrote down when and how much my brother stole from me and how I spent my money. On the occasional days when I couldn't resist myself and ordered something, I'd highlighted it with an asterisk because I felt so guilty......

"Sob...... you've only eaten out once a month and it was a 10,000 won pizza......!"

My mom sobbed, wiping her face with her handkerchief.