"There are a lot of really good dessert shops there. Perdot is also on Darsus Street."

"Yes, but......"

Killian looked like he was about to question me about my outing again, but Lizé didn't give him time to ponder.

"Killian. We're going to be late."

"Oh, okay. I'll be going then......"

Killian looked at me and waved goodbye.

It could have been a courtesy gesture, but I felt unnecessarily excited because it seemed like he was telling me he would come back to me.

"Bye. I'll be going too."

He nodded slightly, and then he and Lizé pulled away in the carriage.

I stood silently watching the carriage leave, and only when it was completely out of sight did I let out a small sigh and climb onto my carriage.

My business on the Darsus Street was quickly finished.

I put all my money in the safe, except for the emergency fund, and was pleased to see a balance of 32 million sennas.

I was a little disappointed to have to pay a fee to use the safe, but it was a decent amount of money to get things going.

"Since we're here, why don't we have some cake?"

A generous balance makes for a generous heart.

I took Anna to Peridot to make my excuse to Killian true, and to give back a little to Anna, who always accompanies me.

As expected of a famous bakery, the interior is luxurious.

"Do you have company?"

"No. Just me and my maid, and I'm looking for two seats."

"I'm sorry if you're bringing your maid, we can't seat you on the second floor, only the first floor."

"No problem. Show me."

I felt awkward having to speak informally to an employee of my grandfather's age, but I had no choice but to do so in this world.

Anna and I were shown to a seat by a sunny window.

Apparently, the menu is too expensive for commoners to eat, so most of the people on the first floor are nobles with their maids.

The second floor is only for the nobles, it seems.

"Wow, this place is so nice."

"Yeah, I've never been in here before either."

Even Anna, who seemed to know everything, looked around in wonder.

After much deliberation, we ordered a smooth, unflavored black tea, a strawberry shortcake, and three dacquoises.

The weather had turned cooler, and the warmth of the tea was soothing.

What made it even better was the fact that Anna looked so happy.

"Oh my God, I've never tasted anything this good!"

"Yeah, it's really good!"

Anna and I admired the moist strawberry cake.

This bakery's signature strawberry tart was delicious, but the strawberry cake was just as good.

In fact, if you like something soft, you'll probably prefer strawberry cake.

The dacquoise was equally delicious.

The tiny size and wicked prices reminded me of the dessert cafes I couldn't get into in my previous life.

'I can afford this now! I'm rich!'

For a moment, I thought it was a bit petty to feel rich in a place like this, but so what?

Anna and I were enjoying a satisfying tea time, and she, too, was relaxed and said something she wouldn't normally have said.

"By the way, miss."

"What?"

"It's...... I know I'm being presumptuous, but......"

"It's okay, tell me."

Anna looked down into her teacup, hesitated, and then spoke, "I thought you were in love with Master Killian?"

"What?"

"I'm sorry. That's not something I dare to say......"

"Oh no! It's not like that, it's because I'm surprised. Why were you curious about that?"

Anna seemed a little torn between her position as a maid and her curiosity.

But I secretly patted her on the back, glad that she had finally said something like this to me.